OT: email help | The Boneyard

OT: email help

Reaction Score
Ok, so About 2 weeks ago Comcast saw fit to screw with my email. I could get the title, but not the body of the message. After at least 5+ hours on the phone with their inept techies finally at tier 3 someone was able to fix the problem. I got a rebate for a week from them.
Yesterday, same thing again. So far, two days of no email and no answers from them. For reasons I won’t go into, this is costing me missed financial opportunities. Not life or death, but a pain.
My question is what alternative is there? And please NO VERIZON options.

Reaction Score
Why not just set up a gmail account.

Have one but all my financial stuff, unfortunately, is on Comcast. I am changing over whenever I can. But, in the meantime, I’m losing money and patience.

Reaction Score
Have one but all my financial stuff, unfortunately, is on Comcast. I am changing over whenever I can. But, in the meantime, I’m losing money and patience.
Once you cancel Comcast you will lose all access to that email account. Be sure you forward anything of importance before you cut the cord.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
While I am not a desktop support guy (and have never been one) this really sounds as if it is a client (your computer program) problem and not a server one (their mail server). You should try a different mail client. I used Thunderbird in the day because you could get it to tell you what the client (your Thunderbird program) was telling the server and what the server was telling it. It's also more secure than LookOut! aka Outlook which has an annoying habit of finding and installing viruses on computers.

Reaction Score
While I am not a desktop support guy (and have never been one) this really sounds as if it is a client (your computer program) problem and not a server one (their mail server). You should try a different mail client. I used Thunderbird in the day because you could get it to tell you what the client (your Thunderbird program) was telling the server and what the server was telling it. It's also more secure than LookOut! aka Outlook which has an annoying habit of finding and installing viruses on computers.

Thanks for that information. Since you used Thunderbird “in the day” what do you use now?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Thanks for that information. Since you used Thunderbird “in the day” what do you use now?

Thunderbird is still widely used if you don't want to use Outlook.

Are you accessing Comcast mail through a web browser? If so, have you tried accessing it through a different browser?

Reaction Score
Once you cancel Comcast you will lose all access to that email account. Be sure you forward anything of importance before you cut the cord.
No you don't- as long as you accessed it within 90 days of cancelling you can keep forever. I moved out of state and still use my comcast email exclusively.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You can also consider setting up a rule that automatically forwards all of your Comcast mail to another account such as gmail if you like.

Reaction Score
Thunderbird is still widely used if you don't want to use Outlook.

Are you accessing Comcast mail through a web browser? If so, have you tried accessing it through a different browser?

yes and yes

Reaction Score
You can also consider setting up a rule that automatically forwards all of your Comcast mail to another account such as gmail if you like.

Is this done through Comcast settings? I looked at settings and didn’t see a topic that would help me do that. Thanks for any guidance.

Reaction Score
Ok, so About 2 weeks ago Comcast saw fit to screw with my email. I could get the title, but not the body of the message. After at least 5+ hours on the phone with their inept techies finally at tier 3 someone was able to fix the problem. I got a rebate for a week from them.
Yesterday, same thing again. So far, two days of no email and no answers from them. For reasons I won’t go into, this is costing me missed financial opportunities. Not life or death, but a pain.
My question is what alternative is there? And please NO VERIZON options.
NO Frontier. I once lost internet for a week because they couldn’t find the right wire on the pole down the street. Every time you ask for a change in phone service they screw up your internet. Their reps are polite but slow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom