OT: Eli out as Giants starter... | The Boneyard

OT: Eli out as Giants starter...

Reaction Score
Giants take the low road with giving him the option of a cameo appearance to keep his starting streak alive.
They will tank the season to get the highest possible draft position.

Reaction Score
I don’t have an issue with the Giants wanting to see what they have at qb but Geno??? Play Davis Webb these last games, not Geno.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Giants have become an embarrassment. Manning will have a better career than Reese or McAdoo will ever have.

Reaction Score
So this is the Giants legacy: They won't fire a head coach in season-they just bench a future Hall of Fame quarterback.

I was 12 years old when Y.A. Tittle came to his end as a Giant-that picture of the bloodied warrior kneeling on the turf at Pitt Stadium was my most enduring Giant moment until now.
The Giants, MY Giants, were ALWAYS the classiest team in the NFL. No More.

Reaction Score
Kate & Rooney Mara should start wearing Steelers Jerseys for the rest of the season in protest of this move. At least their OTHER grandfather's team still has class.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Sorry to see this. Giants show no class with this move. They are showing Eli the door.

Reaction Score
They are the group that decided not to fix the offensive line and Eli has paid the price.
Are you kidding me with this post @Palatine ! You went at it with me on this forum about how Jerry Reese was such a GREAT GM! You now post this? Welcome to reality...Reese SUCKS...has SUCKED for a while..and should have been fired years ago! he and his compadre Mark Ross are responsible for this mess...McAdoo just coaches it to a T! This is on your buddy Jerry....your savior GM who you backed to the hilt...I hope you have enjoyed the ride!

Reaction Score
The Giants are about to embark on a rebuild. Last thing they need is a running back.

They need to do what the Jets did. Cut huge salaries to take cap hit in down year, trade veterans who have some value and hefty salary’s for picks.

This team has so many holes it’s tough for me to see any truly valuable players outside of Harrison and Collins. Not counting OBJ because of his injury and huge contract demands.

Reaction Score
I am surprised that Reese would have been contacted for his opinion in the 1st place. He should be gone before Eli sits out.

Reaction Score
LOL @ benching Eli for Geno Smith! I still can't believe Eli beat Brady twice in the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
They are the group that decided not to fix the offensive line and Eli has paid the price.

So this is the Giants legacy: They won't fire a head coach in season-they just bench a future Hall of Fame quarterback.

I was 12 years old when Y.A. Tittle came to his end as a Giant-that picture of the bloodied warrior kneeling on the turf at Pitt Stadium was my most enduring Giant moment until now.
The Giants, MY Giants, were ALWAYS the classiest team in the NFL. No More.

No attack here but I just don't understand as a Giant fan myself how so many people do not realize they are doing Eli a favor. ;) Yes to offer him the start was stupid and they should have known he would not accept but even Eli knows it is a business and his time here has run its course. As Pal says the O line is not something he should have to play behind. With all the receivers that are out, what would the point of playing Eli at this stage be?

Eli stays healthy giving him the option of going to another team ready to win. The team can see if either QB is good enough to be the back up next year, lose some more games and will obviously be assured of a good pick in the draft. If they let Eli finish this deplorable season and take a career ending injury, the same folks hating the Giants for taking him out would be hating them for leaving him in.
He has a couple years left behind a good line, I thank him for all he has done here and wish him well at his next stop.

Reaction Score
Not a Giants fan, but I can't think of anything more self destructive and pointless. Give the guy some line protection and some decent receivers and he gets the job done. Wow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom