OT: Durand Scott | The Boneyard

OT: Durand Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know what his salary is at Miami? The kid has clearly cashed plenty of Shapiro checks in his 4 years. He is one top recruit I remember being very happy didn't come here bc it seemed dirty. UM is awfully lucky the NCAA dropped the ball in their corrupt investigation. It doesn't make UM any less innocent of paying players tho. That's most serious violation in my opinion.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
FWIW, this reeks of sour grapes. He's had a good career; good for him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Scott didn't get to Miami because he loved the sunshine.

It's ground we've covered for four years now.

Reaction Score
Scott didn't get to Miami because he loved the sunshine.

It's ground we've covered for four years now.

his dorm room was next to tiger woods place in Miami :)

Reaction Score
Why has this evidence never sufaced? Not even in this Shapiro stuff is there any mention of it. This has always astounded me given the time and the lengths that the NCAA has gone to in an effort to make some sort of a case out of the Shapiro claims. If it is so cut and dried it should have been a slam dunk, no?

Reaction Score
ya'll have been crying about this for four years now, this thread isn't a good look

Reaction Score
I don't mean to perpetuate this thread but does anyone know who we might have landed instead of him when he verballed to UF?

I thought he might be a junior, but I just looked it up and saw that he's a senior. I just looked at the guards we ended up landing in the 2009 class and it was Darius Smith & Jamaal Trice. Hum...it doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to quickly figure out, we would have been better off at least the first year. You do have to wonder though if we landed him and he stuck, what 2010 guards (Jeremy Lamb, 21st-2G or Bazz 14th-PG) might we not have landed that following season? Hard to say if he would have scared Lamb or Bazz away.

I can't remember if he was one of those Combos who might have wanted to play the point. He's listed as 6-5, so most teams probably had him penciled in at the 2. At the time, he had his old AAU mate, Kemba Walker starting out his freshman season during the fall he was to decide where to go. I still find myself quite surprised to see Kemba as the #2 2008 PG when I look these things up on the Scout network. He rose up the final 2008 rankings to #2 behind Branden Jennings. We dogged a big time bullet with him, didn't we?!?! As many have suggested the past 4 years, Scott's decision to go to UM had little to do with available PT at either guard position.

He's been a nice player, and I bet most thought he was putting up big numbers this year, but here's what his 4 year totals look like going from 2009/10 to 2012/13: 10.3, 13.6, 12.9, 13.4 pts/gm. Now I don't know if he was injured any of these seasons. He did put up monster points (32) against NCSU in the ACC Semis but overall he's been an okay player.

It's always nice to see us protect our recruiting turf, and NYC and its surroundings have been good to us over the years. Seems we're still doing okay in NYC, with Facey & Samuel being among the top 2013 recruits in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom