OT: Dunn out for season | The Boneyard

OT: Dunn out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Shoulder surgery. Tough break for the kid and the Friars. Was hoping he would get healthy and we'd get a look at how good Providence could be at full strength. Hope the kid is 100% for the start of next year and puts these shoulder issues behind him.

Reaction Score
Did he play at all this season? If so, will he retain that 3rd year of eligibility?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He played in a few games this year. I doubt he'll be able to redshirt this season.

Reaction Score
FriarJ said:
Yes, he is absolutely eligible for a medical redshirt.

The cutoff is around 11 or 12 games, depending on how long your regular season schedule is (30 percent, so a 30-game schedule would mean 12 games) and you can't play in the second half of he season, which is a non-issue of course. So he's good. Room to spare.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The title should have been Dunn Done.
Dunn for the season.

And before our PC friends go nuts, I just like bad puns, feel bad for the kid, wish him the best.

Cooley needs a hat.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this seems like the type of thing that can sabotage a season. They have some good pieces on that team, but Dunn provided an element of athleticism, ball-handling, and defense that they are sorely lacking. Cotton's game is predicated on spot-up shooting and off-ball movement - now he's going to have to man more of the scoring/creating/facilitating duties, and that's not really his strength as a player (hence his 36% shooting this season). Batts is also a limited player athletically who depends on a point guard who can get him the ball in his preferred spot on the block. Now that they've lost their most versatile player, I just don't see how they are going to be able to blend the different skill sets together effectively.

Reaction Score
I never want anyone to get hurt- but really a PC player (even from Ct) gets hurt and they get their own thread? I will start posting whenever a player, who we never recruited, from a team not in our conference, who we will most likely never play gets hurt. I just do not get the PC threads.

Reaction Score
that really sucks. I know this is an injury, but out of all of Cooley's top 100 recruits so far, how many have panned out?

caw

Reaction Score
I never want anyone to get hurt- but really a PC player (even from Ct) gets hurt and they get their own thread? I will start posting whenever a player, who we never recruited, from a team not in our conference, who we will most likely never play gets hurt. I just do not get the PC threads.

UConn did recruit him, even if not as hard as PC fans claim. He's a CT kid, so it makes sense to have a thread on him. If it were Henton or Cotton, I'd agree with you.

Reaction Score

You just sound grumpy (and misinformed if you're actually suggesting that Uconn never recruited Kris Dunn). He's a McDonald's All-American from Connecticut who just had his second year derailed by injury. It's not a ridiculous topic for a thread.

Reaction Score
Killer for us. We have no true backup. Plus,with Cotton having to play the 1, everybody else is getting the ball in the wrong spot. And it looks like Austin might not be available either.

He was the one guy we could not lose.

Reaction Score
You just sound grumpy (and misinformed if you're actually suggesting that Uconn never recruited Kris Dunn). He's a McDonald's All-American from Connecticut who just had his second year derailed by injury. It's not a ridiculous topic for a thread.
You know as well as I do that we did not go after him hard we were loaded at his position- that is all I am saying- and yes talking about PC basketball on this board makes me grumpy- this is a UCONN board. They have their own board- go there talk about PC and have fun. It is strange beyond belief that we have at least one PC thread a week-it's a sickness.

DOOMED!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Sucks for the CT kid.........rough start for him in his college career for sure.........

Reaction Score
You know as well as I do that we did not go after him hard we were loaded at his position- that is all I am saying- and yes talking about PC basketball on this board makes me grumpy- this is a UCONN board. They have their own board- go there talk about PC and have fun. It is strange beyond belief that we have at least one PC thread a week-it's a sickness.

DOOMED!!!!!!!!!
You are one back peddle away from the dreaded "non-committable offer" excuse.

Reaction Score

I dare you to post a Georgetown player injury thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom