OT:Duke beats mighty Elon by 7 points! | The Boneyard

OT:Duke beats mighty Elon by 7 points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Duke beats #2 SC by 11, and then goes out and edges lowly Elon by 7????

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I figured this kinda thread would be posted :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Surprised it took so long.

Meh......

I watched the game... pretty lackluster effort except for Lexie Brown. Bit of a letdown after the incredible high from Sunday. The atmosphere was probably 5% of the energy level of the Lower Carolina game. Probably 2,000 fans in attendance....... low energy..... kinda quiet as well. I assume the women are in the midst of finals...... and they are probably also looking forward to a 2 week break after tonight. At no time during the game did i feel that Elon had any chance of winning.... and this coming from a usually nervous fan. Duke was up 29-23 at the half.... 53-37 after the third period... then coasted the rest of the way. Coach used some weird lineups in the 4th.... players who dont usually play on the floor at the same time... so there wasnt much in the form of chemistry. Just glad of an easy win... and that no players got injured :cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
OK, there is an explanation. McCallie's daughter is a senior transfer on Elon. I suspect she called off the dogs early in the game to keep it respectable.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Duke beats #2 SC by 11, and then goes out and edges lowly Elon by 7????

Go figure..... Duke loses to Vandy... who got blown out by Indiana....which got handled pretty good by NC State. Darn.... i was hoping to check out the multi-million dollar renovation to Reynolds Coliseum next month to see us face State.... but after thinking about it... I minus well cancel those plans and save my money :oops::oops::oops::oops: Oh well... more money for burgers :cool:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In a way it was the complete opposite of the SC game, where pretty much everyone for Duke except Lexie Brown had a great game. Here, Brown went off and everyone else seemed to be subpar, judging from the stats. (I would've liked to see at least part of this game, but there must've been some glitch with the ACC Network, because the game wasn't showing up on my on-screen menu.)

Aside from the fact that (as pointed out above) Duke had this game well in hand in the 2nd half, Elon is also not what I'd call a scrub team. Last year they beat NC State, a team that won 10 games in the ACC.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In a way it was the complete opposite of the SC game, where pretty much everyone for Duke except Lexie Brown had a great game. Here, Brown went off and everyone else seemed to be off, judging from the stats. (I would've liked to see at least part of this game, but there must've been some glitch with the ACC Network, because the game wasn't showing up on my on-screen menu.)

Aside from the fact that (as pointed out above) Duke had this game well in hand in the 2nd half, Elon is also not what I'd call a scrub team. Last year they beat NC State, a team that won 10 games in the ACC.

Hmmm.... it ran perfectly clear on my phone. You didnt miss much. Lexie Brown got passed the 1,000 point mark for her career in the 3rd quarter. Coach McCallie's kid made a 3 pointer.

Elon isnt terrible. 4-4.. losses to Green Bay, Wake Forest, UNC, and tonight. I guess NC State didnt want to play them this year :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well, I happened to check the score a few minutes into the second half and it was 31-29 with the last play being a foul on Duke, so I would say at that point Duke needed to call out the dogs and play some basketball before they could think about calling them off!!!

Obviously a bit of a letdown game/trap game after such a high and Elon isn't complete chopped liver, they can play basketball.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hmmm.... it ran perfectly clear on my phone. You didnt miss much. Lexie Brown got passed the 1,000 point mark for her career in the 3rd quarter. Coach McCallie's kid made a 3 pointer.

Elon isnt terrible. 4-4.. losses to Green Bay, Wake Forest, UNC, and tonight. I guess NC State didnt want to play them this year :rolleyes:

I was trying to watch it on Sling TV; maybe I should've tried the WatchESPN.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, I happened to check the score a few minutes into the second half and it was 31-29 with the last play being a foul on Duke, so I would say at that point Duke needed to call out the dogs and play some basketball before they could think about calling them off!!!

Obviously a bit of a letdown game/trap game after such a high and Elon isn't complete chopped liver, they can play basketball.

Reaction Score
Keep this in mind Sunday when Mighty UConn, Slayer of Leprechauns (Leprechaunesses? Leprechaunettes?), invades Manhattan to take on Kansas State.

That's K-State.

9-0 K-State.

9-0 K-State with a very good 6'5" center.

9-0 K-State who have beaten LSU (6-2), Auburn (6-2), and NC State (7-2).

Ok, That last was a stretch, but those are three solid teams from Power 5 conferences who played nearly as hard a schedule as ND (prior to Wednesday). No, they haven't played any ranked teams yet, but they have eaten fewer cupcakes.

This game has T-R-A-P written all over it.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I can't stand the Elon coach any loss they get is fine by me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I can't stand the Elon coach any loss they get is fine by me.

Because she voted Baylor #1 in 2013 ? I hope you still dont hold that against her :rolleyes::confused:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Keep this in mind Sunday when Mighty UConn, Slayer of Leprechauns (Leprechaunesses? Leprechaunettes?), invades Manhattan to take on Kansas State.

That's K-State.

9-0 K-State.

9-0 K-State with a very good 6'5" center.

9-0 K-State who have beaten LSU (6-2), Auburn (6-2), and NC State (7-2).

Ok, That last was a stretch, but those are three solid teams from Power 5 conferences who played nearly as hard a schedule as ND (prior to Wednesday). No, they haven't played any ranked teams yet, but they have eaten fewer cupcakes.

This game has T-R-A-P written all over it.
UConn will not overlook KState....take it to the bank. UConn will deny entry passes into the post and pressure KState's guards into many turnovers.....Huskies by 30+.

Reactions: HGN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01