Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...atest-news-speculation-on-chargers-rbs-future

Breaks my heart that DB rides the bench. Has far too much to give. First the Colts and now the Chargers? Would love to see him get some carries on a team more local to us.

To think I almost bought a Colts jersey...I'm a bandwagon fan of any team that gives Donald a fair shot and lets him earn some carries.
I got a DB Colts jersey. Still wear it with pride. Got it for a XMas gift and love it.

That being said, there's a reason he's not starting. He's a great player, seems like a high character guy, but he had plenty of opportunity in Indy and it never came to be. I'd love to see him sign on with the Giants and add to their terrible RB corp but we'll see. I'm not sure he'd be starting for any team at this point. However, with the rash of major injuries this week, he might get a shot. I hope he shows me wrong and can be a contributor.

Reaction Score
Heck, he defied the odds already in his career... He went to lowly UCONN (smh with folks downplaying our talent).. got drafted in the first rd in '09... been in the league for 7 years.... He's exceeded all expectations when you look at the big picture...

Wonder if he has any coaching in his blood ... Would love to have him and develop into our RB coach..

Reaction Score
Mike Florio has it wrong about Donald Brown being released. The Chargers SB Nation website said it was a gentlemen's agreement between the Chargers and Brown that he would be released for 1 game so they could sign an emergency replacement O Lineman for that 1 game. The agreement was that Brown would not entertain other offers and the Chargers would re-sign him Monday morning with the same exact contract details.

That is why no other teams showed interest ... because he wasn't on the market.

Reaction Score
I know of a team that plays in NJ and goes by the name of the NY Giants that could use him right about now...and Sio..and a bunch of other NFL caliber players

Reaction Score
DB treats his body like a temple. He works out like crazy and eats the right things. And given his career, there isn't a lot of wear and tear on him. He has the potential to stick around a long time.

Reaction Score
San Francisco is down it its 4th or 5th running back right now; but, that team is a steaming pile of you know what with QB issues and a porous offensive line. Not sure I would want Brown dealing that that.

Reaction Score
I don't think DB will much longer... just doesn't make sense at this point in his career/life... Yeah, he doesn't have much wear and tear in terms of # of games played, but he's been a bit dinged up in terms of missing time due to football injuries... He's got a good head on his shoulders.. IMO, he doesn't have anything else to prove playing... He can say he's played the game at its highest level.... a gladiator for life...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I'm still perplexed how Todman never got a starting gig somewhere. He was on plenty of teams where he should have had chances yet never got the job. In Jacksonville he lost out to Denard Robinson and Toby gerhart. I believe he had a shot in Minnesota when AP went down one season. Just surprised. I know that there was probably a reason he never got the job but I thought he'd be a solid player in the NfL and it just hasn't seemed to work out for him. He's on the younger end so maybe he'll find that lucky opening?

Reaction Score
I'm still perplexed how Todman never got a starting gig somewhere. He was on plenty of teams where he should have had chances yet never got the job. In Jacksonville he lost out to Denard Robinson and Toby gerhart. I believe he had a shot in Minnesota when AP went down one season. Just surprised. I know that there was probably a reason he never got the job but I thought he'd be a solid player in the NfL and it just hasn't seemed to work out for him. He's on the younger end so maybe he'll find that lucky opening?
He's on the Steelers where they're paying him $750,000 to stand on the sidelines, but that may change since Bell just went on the IR.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
He's on the Steelers where they're paying him $750,000 to stand on the sidelines, but that may change since Bell just went on the IR.
Oh I know and he's getting paid but I can't imagine the players like to just do nothing. I could be wrong. He was playing on special teams for them. I doubt he gets tons of playing time with Bell out. DeAngelo Williams will go back to starting.

Reaction Score
Oh I know and he's getting paid but I can't imagine the players like to just do nothing. I could be wrong. He was playing on special teams for them. I doubt he gets tons of playing time with Bell out. DeAngelo Williams will go back to starting.
Plus the Steelers just signed Isaiah Pead so what they're doing with Todman is a head scratcher.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Plus the Steelers just signed Isaiah Pead so what they're doing with Todman is a head scratcher.
Yup. Pead is total garbage. This is what I was alluding too before. Todman seems to get passed on by what We perceive to be lesser backs. Can't figure it out besides that I might be biased just a tad from being a UConn fan! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yup. Pead is total garbage. This is what I was alluding too before. Todman seems to get passed on by what We perceive to be lesser backs. Can't figure it out besides that I might be biased just a tad from being a UConn fan! :rolleyes:

I think it's because of his size. No one believes he can withstand the pounding at the pro level every week. Same thing happened to Lamichael James from Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom