OT: Doc Rivers defends Garnett | The Boneyard

OT: Doc Rivers defends Garnett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Celtics coach Doc Rivers has stated that he "knows for a fact" that Garnett did not say the things that "crossed the line" that the media have reported he said to Carmelo Anthony the other night. Really Doc ??? You can hear everything that KG says on the court to the point where you can refute what has been reported? I seriously doubt that.

After attending a Celtics game at the XL Center a few years ago, I can say with no hesitation that Garnett is the most foul mouthed, verbally abusive player I have ever seen/heard. His comments to both opponents and teammates were far and away the most inflammatory of any player I have ever heard in any sport. Anyone who has attended a Celts game in the past decade can probably back this up. The guy is definitely a hall of fame talent, but the way he conducts himself is indefensible.

I can understand Doc trying to defend his player, but in this case there is no defense.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
agree 100%

KG skates on the line of acceptable trash talking and crosses it far to frequently. The fact that Doc has the arrogance to suggest that he knows what was said on the court is bullsh!t. Now trash talk is one thing, but KG is hands-down the dirtiest player in the league and he can get away with it is because he has a respectable coach sticking up for him. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Doc is a loyal coach.

Its like a mother defending a well known and well documented, recalcitrant son, only loved by her.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone on this board is in a position to say what it is acceptable/unacceptable trash talk. If only you Nancys heard some of the stuff that was said in the '80s.

I don't defend everything KG does like most Celtics fans, but he isn't the dirtiest player in the league. Not by a long shot.

Reaction Score
Either you tell us exactly what was said or dont say anything at all. It appears that KG and Melo have moved on so why is Doc even touching this issue.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I heard he told melo that his girl tasted like honey nut Cheerios

Reaction Score
I really wanna see KG try to pull a dirty move on Jeff Adrien just to see what would happen to KG. The guy is a dick but he does know what he is doing.

Reaction Score
I heard he told melo that his girl tasted like honey nut Cheerios

Well Doc is saying that he said nothing about his wife, so either tell us what he said or dont even bring up the issue.

Reaction Score
A dirty first ballot hall of famer. He could play for me 7 days a week

Reaction Score
A dirty first ballot hall of famer. He could play for me 7 days a week

KG will be a guy to talk trash and take cheap shots a Euro point guards. You want a dirty hall of famer that would be Dennis Rodman he was dirty and didn't hide it at all. He wasnt afraid to get into an all out fight with Karl Malone or Charles Oakley.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Can't stand the guy, but he gets away with it and it works.

I would not be surprised at all to hear that he had been shot one day. I'm not predicting it, hoping for it or anything else like that, but when you cross the line in that way so many times with so many different guys, someone is gonna want to make you pay for it some day.

Reaction Score
Can't stand the guy, but he gets away with it and it works.

I would not be surprised at all to hear that he had been shot one day. I'm not predicting it, hoping for it or anything else like that, but when you cross the line in that way so many times with so many different guys, someone is gonna want to make you pay for it some day.

Getting shot? Thats taking it too far hes a dick on the basketball court, off the court guys are different. Reggie Miller was a total dick on the quote off of it and when he speaks as a commentator he is one of the mild mannered guys its funny because you dont picture him as that guy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Getting shot? Thats taking it too far hes a dick on the basketball court, off the court guys are different. Reggie Miller was a total dick on the quote off of it and when he speaks as a commentator he is one of the mild mannered guys its funny because you dont picture him as that guy.
Obviously it's taking it too far, but when you taunt a guy about the death of his mother, suggest lurid things about his wife, or tease him about a genetic condition you are trying to play with his emotions to get a rise out of him. As you can see with Melo, it can take some guys a while to cool off from that. I'm just saying that it wouldn't shock me if a guy took his revenge a bit further than that one time.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone on this board is in a position to say what it is acceptable/unacceptable trash talk. If only you Nancys heard some of the stuff that was said in the '80s.

I don't defend everything KG does like most Celtics fans, but he isn't the dirtiest player in the league. Not by a long shot.

If you went to ONE game and heard the that comes out of KG's mouth you would come away with a different opinion. Pick any game you want. The guy displays no class whatsoever. Trash talk is fine, its part of the game. But KG takes it to a level that is way beyond what any rational person would deem acceptable. Go to a game and see for yourself. You dont need to be a "Nancy" to find his conduct completely unaccetable. Do some reasearch on what KG has said to Duncan, Villanueva, and Anthony. If you don't think that stuff is unacceptable then nobody will ever help you get it.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Well Doc is saying that he said nothing about his wife, so either tell us what he said or dont even bring up the issue.
Well I'm just saying what I read online

Reaction Score
If you went to ONE game and heard the that comes out of KG's mouth you would come away with a different opinion. Pick any game you want. The guy displays no class whatsoever. Trash talk is fine, its part of the game. But KG takes it to a level that is way beyond what any rational person would deem acceptable. Go to a game and see for yourself. You dont need to be a "Nancy" to find his conduct completely unaccetable. Do some reasearch on what KG has said to Duncan, Villanueva, and Anthony. If you don't think that stuff is unacceptable then nobody will ever help you get it.

I've been courtside at probably half a dozen Cs games since they signed Garnett. You're out of your mind. He runs his mouth and curses as much as he breathes and says some pretty foul **** but so does half the league. In the games I've been to he doesn't stand out at all. Now go ahead and dig out that apocryphal "Happy Mother's Day" story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom