OT: DO to MNF? | The Boneyard

OT: DO to MNF?

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Now that Jason Witten is headed back to Cowboys, what are the chances (if any) ESPN gives our very own Dan Orlovsky a shot in the booth?

Reaction Score
Hopefully they will blow up that whole team. I'm not a big MNF viewer, but the few times I tried to watch, it was brutal.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Hopefully they will blow up that whole team. I'm not a big MNF viewer, but the few times I tried to watch, it was brutal.

Joe was OK. Witten was awful at best. And I felt Booger just talked way too much. And that dumb tram thing just made zero sense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He would be a step up that's for sure.

Jesse Palmer would be a solid choice. I looked at the cast of characters at ESPN and not many good do this job and Dan O. is one who could.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
He would be a step up that's for sure.

Jesse Palmer would be a solid choice. I looked at the cast of characters at ESPN and not many good do this job and Dan O. is one who could.

Agree on Palmer.

No interest from P. Manning? Probably too much $$$$ for ESPN

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if Dan is ready for that move yet. His strength is breaking down film and explaining complicated football concepts to regular people. Can he do that live on the fly while the play is happening or immediately after? Not sure.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
A lot of folks are throwing around Peyton Manning's name. Also heard Greg Olsen. It could very well end up being Kurt Warner, who nearly got the job last year.

Reaction Score
Definitely not zero.

What will ESPN do for Monday Night Football broadcasts after Jason Witten's exit?

Or they could add Dan Orlovsky, who’s done both college and NFL studio work for them so far and some college game broadcasting, and received a fair bit of praise there.

No it’s 0%. I think Dan would be an awesome choice, he really has a great way of breaking down plays and communicating what’s happening. But for MNF they want names. He just isn’t there at this point.

It would be awesome press for UCONN if he ever got a high profile gig and am rooting for him. The face of UCONN football, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I'm still flummoxed by Witten getting that job in the first place. I honestly think it was a big enough disaster that coming out of retirement was the best way to save face. He was never comfortable in that setting, and who could blame him? MNF is not the best platform to start out on training wheels.

Booger was forgettable, though occasionally entertaining. Tessitore might have annoyed me more than the other two combined. Such a drop-off going from Tirico and McDonough to him.

ESPN should consider using Witten's departure as an excuse to scrap the whole menu. As far as Orlovsky goes, unless you're a big name like Manning, you really need to kill the audition. I don't think Dan's at that point.

As much as I'd like to see them go totally radical and hire a defensive player, they have too much incentive to play it as safe as possible. Neither the NFL nor ESPN needs Ed Reed telling America what he really feels about the current product. This won't be Bill Walton calling PAC-12 games - anyone who attempts to inject even the slightest bit of originality into the broadcast will be shown the door.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom