OT: DJ Hernandez tells Globe of Aaron’s childhood sexual molestation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: DJ Hernandez tells Globe of Aaron’s childhood sexual molestation

Reaction Score
Oh dear. He was a victim. It wasn't his fault, you see. He didn't mean to be a murderer. He was made that way by forces beyond his control.

Proof? No. There won't ever be any proof. But surely we can all show some sympathy anyways. You know, for the victim who was a killer. As opposed to the victim whom he killed.

Wow. You totally missed the point. Pretty stunning.

Reaction Score
I agree 100%. The problem is that most abusers aren't going to change their behavior by discussions in a UConn football forum. In fact, I'm guessing that a lot of abusers don't read much anyway.

The abusers won't, but if more discussions about this can raise general awareness in society about looking for warning signs early on from troubled people who have lived with this, then all the better.

Reaction Score
I don’t think examining Hernandez’ life necessitates a lack of sympathy for his victims. In fact, it’s the opposite; people ask these kinds of questions to see how people come to commit acts such as murder. Unfortunately, childhood sexual abuse has a serious correlation with drug abuse and criminality in adults. Also, the world is rarely black and white with clean splits between good and evil. I think the world would be a better place if we engaged that reality more often
Exactly, Trying to understand why something happened is not the same as condoning it. Understanding how physical and sexual abuse effects a person could help other victims not go done Aaron's path.

Reaction Score
Why can't we leave this whole Hernandez story alone? People love to wallow in other peoples' problems. Guess it makes them feel better about themselves??

Hence we have Making a Murderer - part 2.

Reaction Score
Oh dear. He was a victim. It wasn't his fault, you see. He didn't mean to be a murderer. He was made that way by forces beyond his control.

Proof? No. There won't ever be any proof. But surely we can all show some sympathy anyways. You know, for the victim who was a killer. As opposed to the victim whom he killed.

I have to congratulate you. That may be the worst single post in the history of the Football Board.

Reaction Score
I know he killed someone. Everything is NOT black and white. Obviously, ALL of this was preventable. It is beyond sad. Is he a victim as well. pretty obvious. Only someone that has never experienced real adversity would not be able to see that. That does not give him a pass, but it sure explains a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom