OT - Dislocated shoulder | The Boneyard

OT - Dislocated shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did something stupid which caused me to dislocated my right (dominant hand) shoulder. I'm going in tomorrow to check for what is expected to be partially torn rotator cuff. It took the guy about 10 minutes to put my shoulder back, and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life.
If anybody has experience with the cuff surgery following a dislocation and is willing to talk about it, please PM me.
Thank you.

Reaction Score
Did something stupid which caused me to dislocated my right (dominant hand) shoulder. I'm going in tomorrow to check for what is expected to be partially torn rotator cuff. It took the guy about 10 minutes to put my shoulder back, and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life.
If anybody has experience with the cuff surgery following a dislocation and is willing to talk about it, please PM me.
Thank you.

Sorry to hear Taste. Heal fast and best of luck in the process.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Good luck dude. As a veteran of physical therapy, I can empathize.

Reaction Score
Thank you.

I've had shoulder surgery (among others) but not a torn rotator. Recovery could be a matter of degree but a tear seems to have a baseline to heal. Listen to the doc and do the exercises and get your patience meter out. Hopefully doesn't effect your livelihood too much and if you play any competitive sports you're out for the season. Good luck you can handle it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear it. I hope they can clean it all up for you.

Reaction Score
Had shoulder surgery for a huge painful bone spur in October. Cortizone was no longer was effective after postponement for 4 years. Some of the patients in the office and therapy who had rotator cuff surgery were fine after a couple of month. Not to scare you but some mentioned pain in certain weather conditions (e.g. raw rainy days).

My surgery had 3 incisions: scraper/shaver, suction thingy and camera. Pain was for about a week or two. Before surgery I couldn't raise my left arm without pain, and if I jerked it the wrong way saw stars and lost all concentration. Now two months later I no longer have stinging pain, and am on way to full recovery for golf season come April.

I'm only telling you all that my arm is 75-80%, but to my wife its 40%, because I ain't shoveling no more snow. Also got excused from raking leaves. Probably will never do it again so that was also an added benefit.

Sleep and doing small stuff like putting on deodorant, clothes and other things we take for granted was tough.

Glad I got it done, and actually wished I didn't wait so long. You will be fine, its pretty routine nowadays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky