OT: Dish or DirecTV? | The Boneyard

OT: Dish or DirecTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have Time Warner Cable and was thinking of switching to satellite. I don't have ATTUverse access here so these are the choices I have. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Eric: Dish is NOT an option. Don't think about it. I HATE AT&T ... it sucks that DirecTV sold to them . With that said, DirecTV is the best option / best picture.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
DirecTV. Not even a comparison.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I have Direct TV for 20 years. No complaints other than back in the day when they first came out, you had to buy your own receiver and dish. Then they came out with 5 rooms free, free Cinemax, etc etc. That didn't go over to big with me. But they took care of me. Also you get this computerized woman when you call, and it will take you 5-10 minutes before it lets you talk to a human. It's like arguing with your wife. Customer service admits getting numerous complaints but still, nothing done. Other than that. I always get UConn basketball out here in Hershey, PA. Cannot ask for anything better.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
In addition, I have the very basic of Comcast for emergency purposes only.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I have Direct TV for 20 years. No complaints other than back in the day when they first came out, you had to buy your own receiver and dish. Then they came out with 5 rooms free, free Cinemax, etc etc. That didn't go over to big with me. But they took care of me. Also you get this computerized woman when you call, and it will take you 5-10 minutes before it lets you talk to a human. It's like arguing with your wife. Customer service admits getting numerous complaints but still, nothing done. Other than that. I always get UConn basketball out here in Hershey, PA. Cannot ask for anything better.

Love the comment on the computerized woman; "like arguing with your wife". I get a similar computerized one on Comcast. After a while I start yelling which is kind of funny and not sure if it is my decibel level or just my perserverance in repeating "representative, representative...........etc. but eventually "she" turns me over to a "representative"! LOL

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Love the comment on the computerized woman; "like arguing with your wife". I get a similar computerized one on Comcast. After a while I start yelling which is kind of funny and not sure if it is my decibel level or just my perserverance in repeating "representative, representative......etc. but eventually "she" turns me over to a "representative"! LOL
LOL, exactly!!!!!!!!!!! Same here.

Reaction Score
To avoid annoying Directv lady on the phone, just say you want to speak with customer service. She'll ask the reason for your call, ask again to speak to customer service. Usually works for me.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I actually liked the Dish service and hardware - still my favorite DVR - but for sports it is really not a good option. Sold the condo, have a house now with Comcast... Service is good, but the X1 DVR is just ok.

Reaction Score
I had Cable in Ct and switched to Dish about two years before I sold my house.
Dish was actually pretty good in comparison at the time. In fact Direct couldn't get a signal in my wooded lot.
I leased a Condo for a year in CT and was forced back to cable , I refer to that is going back to the Dark Ages. Hopefully it's gotten better since 2006.
Since I've moved to AZ I have had Direct TV and love it.
Wouldn't think of changing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know it's not the question being asked but.........

Consider streaming options. I just turned in all my cable boxes. I kept the basic package deal because it was only $25 month more than just high speed internet. I get local channels and basic cable channels. I have Amazon Fire TV sticks on two of our TV's. The other one has an XBox One. We have Amazon TV as part of Prime, Hulu, Netflix and Sling TV. I'm saving $90/month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom