OT Diggins summer in Connecticut | The Boneyard

OT Diggins summer in Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“The UConn fans have been nice to me,” Diggins said. “They’ve noticed me. They’re like, ‘You’re that girl who plays for Notre Dame.’ They’re loyal fans who have a passion for women’s basketball, and that’s great for our sport. They’re showing me a lot of love in my internship. We’ll see if we have this much love when we come back to Connecticut during the season.”

http://www.southbendtribune.com/spo...l-for-skylar-diggins-20120805,0,4385319.story

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Great article - sounds like a great experience for her. I liked her attitude toward interviewing, knowing the kinds of questions that would turn players off, etc. And the 3-on-3 insights were fun to read.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
“When I’m writing a story, I know what I hate seeing in an article. I don’t want to be a controversial writer. I don’t want to make my interviewees say what I want them to say. I want to write a story that they will be proud to read.”

My journalism professors are cringing. Don't want to be too critical of the kid (ok, I kinda do) but with that comment, perhaps she should consider being in PR or a SID. Glad she is having a good internship.

On a lighter note (I am joking), I hope she doesn't lead any potential ND recruits on ESPN tours.

The Olympics are making me hungry for Husky season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom