OT: Digging up old threads | The Boneyard

OT: Digging up old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don't do it.

If you have news about Diamond Stone or Ray Kasongo or someone UConn recruited in 1992, just post it. Don't go hunting for a three-year old thread to revive.

Nine times out of ten, people will not have that thread cached on their computer and they'll go to page one of that 80-page thread and have to navigate their way to your new tidbit.

Plus, it annoys me. Those mega-threads were the dumbest idea in the history of the site and every single one of them went off the rails. Threads are supposed to die - those things just become Walking Dead-style zombies.

Reaction Score
Don't do it.

If you have news about Diamond Stone or Ray Kasongo or someone UConn recruited in 1992, just post it. Don't go hunting for a three-year old thread to revive.

Nine times out of ten, people will not have that thread cached on their computer and they'll go to page one of that 80-page thread and have to navigate their way to your new tidbit.

Plus, it annoys me. Those mega-threads were the dumbest idea in the history of the site and every single one of them went off the rails. Threads are supposed to die - those things just become Walking Dead-style zombies.
Hope someone takes your advice when the next piece of Alpha Diallo info comes out. God, that thread is a train wreck.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hope someone takes your advice when the next piece of Alpha Diallo info comes out. God, that thread is a train wreck.

The Diamond Stone thread makes the Diallo thread look like Sunday school conversation.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Don't do it.

I dont disagree with any of that. But it flies in the face of standard messageboard etiquette everywhere else on teh intertronz. I think you will need to continue with your education crusade quite a few more times before it sticks. If anything it will be entertaining watching your already legendary grumpiness be put to the test.

Reaction Score
Don't do it.

It is possible to click on the last page of the thread.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
But keep the beer thread. Without that thread, I never would have bought 9 beers last week for the same price as 2 Bud 30-packs.
lol.
Its crazy isnt it?

Reaction Score
Many forums have an "auto-lock after a certain amount of time" feature. Perhaps that's simpler.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't do it.

But someone was wrong 2 and a half years ago...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And the pizza thread.

That thing is a gift to humanity. Gotta figure out a way to promulgate it to all of New England.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Noted. Have some questions though!

Would it be considered off topic? Could I have titled it "Diamond Stone is not good at sex" or would I get reprimanded for not putting "OT: Diamond Stone is not good at sex"? I don't want to upset the people who get confused when OT doesn't proceed the topic. There are many arguments for for both sides! I'd go with on topic but I'm sure many would disagree. Who will determine these complex issues?

After posting the brand new thread, how should I respond to the people who say: "there's already a thread on Diamond Stone, you should have posted it there!"?

Also, I have a few solutions!

Nine times out of ten, people will not have that thread cached on their computer and they'll go to page one of that 80-page thread and have to navigate their way to your new tidbit

When this problem happens to me.. I click on 80 on the top or bottom of the thread! Works like a charm! All those numbers represent pages! The biggest number is the most recent page! No 80 pages navigating for me! Sometimes I'll just click the 80 under the topic, don't even go to page 1!! BOOM problem solved!

As for the Alpha Diallo thread.. I agree very OT. Easy fix. "The @JimOllie Opinion Thread"!!! JimOllie gives his hot takes in one single thread! He can argue with all his haters in one single place. It would shorten many future threads by 100's of pages. Unlike the rest of my nonsense, I truly like this idea.

LET'S MAKE THE BONEYARD GREAT AGAIN!!

Millennial questions.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Millennial questions.

Following up on GCarr's suggestion regarding JimOllieNotDre, perhaps Chief00 should have his own blog, along the lines of the one Ryan set up for Creed on The Office?

Reaction Score
Millennial questions.

haha, we got a guy in the Stone thread basically calling the situation a sexual assault but making light of @Fishy trying to micro manage a message board gets your post deleted. Ridiculous. Lighten up bro.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
haha, we got a guy in the Stone thread basically calling the situation a sexual assault but making light of @Fishy trying to micro manage a message board gets your post deleted. Ridiculous. Lighten up bro.

It was a joke man. Millennials smh

Reaction Score
i dont understand the problem. if a thread that is old/long has been bumped wouldnt you just click the last page? you would rather people start a new thread every time they have more information on something that isnt already on the front page?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Roll Call:

has been searching for a thread about this same topic from the past to bump out and troll Fishy with.

Signed

It wouldve been so meta.
unfortunately fruitless

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Roll Call:

has been searching for a thread about this same topic from the past to bump out and troll Fishy with.

Signed

It wouldve been so meta.
unfortunately fruitless
I searched for the Love Potion thread and almost bumped the Chief Drummond in the House thread in the process when I didn't find it. But my throat isn't feeling hardy enough to withstand a punch at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom