OT - Diamond | The Boneyard

OT - Diamond

Reaction Score
Watched the Sky/Fever game today. Does Diamond have an eye injury/problem? It was probably mentioned but i missed any explanation.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She was having problems with her contacts popping out. She wore goggles/glasses for 2-3 games, tried the tacs again for a half, then went back to the goggles.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She must've been feeling OK, Diamond scored 24 in an OT win. Sloot also had 24 to go w/ 10 assists and 9 rebounds, nearly had a 2nd triple double this season!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She must've been feeling OK, Diamond scored 24 in an OT win. Sloot also had 24 to go w/ 10 assists and 9 rebounds, nearly had a 2nd triple double this season!

After her maiden voyage through the league this year, and realizing unequivocally that she CAN play in the W, and play well, you can expect Diamond to come back next spring with a vengeance, no longer wearing the "rookie" collar, playing like the Diamond of old, and ready to do some damage. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After her maiden voyage through the league this year, and realizing unequivocally that she CAN play in the W, you can expect Diamond to come back next spring with a vengeance, no longer wearing the "rookie" collar, playing like the Diamond of old.
As long as Diamond plays within a team concept, she can be really good. She has a lot of physical gifts.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As long as Diamond plays within a team concept, she can be really good. She has a lot of physical gifts.

Early in her freshman year at North Carolina, I saw Diamond play, I was impressed. I commented that there were two other freshmen that also impressed me that year. Tyler Scaife (Rutgers) and Nina Davis (Baylor). :cool:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Watched the Sky/Fever game today. Does Diamond have an eye injury/problem? It was probably mentioned but i missed any explanation.

This mystery has now been solved. Diamond has keratoconus, for which she requires special contact lenses. See the video for more. One of the Sky's sponsors is UChicago Medicine, which worked out very well for Diamond in this instance.

LINK TO VIDEO

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow, thanks for that, Orang. I'm surprised I've never heard of that, having had unusual eye problems of unknown origin myself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom