OT: Diallo to KU | The Boneyard

OT: Diallo to KU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kinda shocking that KU keeps doing this. Landing top talent like this.

Cliff Alexander is still there I believe.

Reaction Score
It is shocking that Kansas keeps landing all of this top talent. If I was a high recruit, I wouldn't want to go to a school that gets upset in the tournament every year.

Reaction Score
Kinda shocking that KU keeps doing this. Landing top talent like this.

Cliff Alexander is still there I believe.
No shock, KU is actually a regular season and conference season strong program.

Reaction Score
Tradition, arguably the best venue in the nation, every game (no matter the opponent)is sold out and crazy, they have a top 5 coach, top five in NBA alumni, Big 12 conference.

Gee, why would someone go there?

Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Alexander declaring for the draft?
You are correct. He would've apparently had eligibility issues if he had returned to Lawrence.

Reaction Score
As it currently stands, Kentucky really isn't going to have much on their roster next year. They return Ulis, Marcus Lee, and Poythress coming off of an ACL tear. The rest of their returning roster has barely seen the court and were 3 star recruits or walk-ons.

They have 3 recruits signed up for next year, but there is chatter that their best recruit, Skal Labissiere, may fail to qualify.

It'll be interesting to see how Calipari fares next year with less talent than he's accustomed to.

Reaction Score
As it currently stands, Kentucky really isn't going to have much on their roster next year. They return Ulis, Marcus Lee, and Poythress coming off of an ACL tear. The rest of their returning roster has barely seen the court and were 3 star recruits or walk-ons.

They have 3 recruits signed up for next year, but there is chatter that their best recruit, Skal Labissiere, may fail to qualify.

It'll be interesting to see how Calipari fares next year with less talent than he's accustomed to.

Or if he's there next season at all... maybe there's a reason that these high level kids are all seemingly picking to go somewhere else. Why suddenly this season? Specifically these late guys, early decisions may have been concerned the roster would be stocked and they wouldn't play, but that cant be a concern now right?

Reaction Score

He'll be coaching Lebron next year.

Reaction Score
So was DeAndre Daniels..

KU gets kids drafted. You can't blame them for NBA turnout. What does that 2006 class look like outside of Gay? Woof.

UConn has produced lower ranked kids into pros.

If I recall Gay's class, there were not many top 20 kids in that class. The top 20 kids are the blue chippers.

Besides, Im not shocked that KU is recruiting really well. Im talking about NYC kid heading out there.

Reaction Score
So was DeAndre Daniels..

KU gets kids drafted. You can't blame them for NBA turnout. What does that 2006 class look like outside of Gay? Woof.

hey hey hey, any team can put a top 5 talent 'into' the NBA, UConn has had quite a bit of success taking guys who werent destined for the NBA and getting them drafted. After the draft, its their problem, either they work hard and succeed or not

I still think our track record of getting unheralded guys drafted is amazing. Top flight talent doesn't need the 'right' program to get into the NBA, they just need to be smart, work hard, and not get hurt

Reaction Score
Watched a decent amount of this kid's tape and he looks like a project. A good athlete but virtually no skill, can't see him having much of an impact next year. Hopefully he sticks around the college ranks and develops instead of having a dud season like Cliff Alexander and then bailing.

Reaction Score
What about Cliff, Ben McLemore, Xavier Henry, etc stock all precipitously dropping at KU?

Mclemore wasn't even a top 25 recruit and he went one and done (kinda) into the lottery. Xavier also went one and done into the lottery, albeit as a top 5 kid. You're examples are bad.

Reaction Score
Watched a decent amount of this kid's tape and he looks like a project. A good athlete but virtually no skill, can't see him having much of an impact next year. Hopefully he sticks around the college ranks and develops instead of having a dud season like Cliff Alexander and then bailing.

I didn't personally watch but apparently he had big showings at the burger game (MVP?) and Jordan Classic? Sounds like the talent is already blossoming.

Reaction Score
Watched a decent amount of this kid's tape and he looks like a project. A good athlete but virtually no skill, can't see him having much of an impact next year.
He's going to be a monster defensively. Nerlens Noel is the comparison.

Reaction Score
Josh Selby is a better example. #1 overall kid(per some outlets) and he ends up getting drafted in the second round.

Kansas has a lot going for it and obviously Self is a great coach, but he's lost 6 times now to teams seeded at least 5 lines worse since he got to Kansas. I don't think it's necessarily a coincidence any more.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
KU's tradition, success and NBA pedigree are all vastly overrated mixed in with an overrated coach. Despite this its still very attractive for top prospect seeking exposure as they consistently dominate the regular season and have one of the, if not the best venue in all of college basketball to play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom