OT: Developing Adrian Peterson Backstory | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Developing Adrian Peterson Backstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
You are entirely correct about the extortion business.

The big display case in the lobby that contained Calvin's memorabilia (jerseys, photos, autographed stuff, basketballs, etc.) was removed. I won't take a poll about the feelings in the community about Calvin Murphy Way so I would alter my verbiage to say "many" citizens rather than "most."

The sadness results from Calvin's former stature as a genuine local hero being reduced in an embarrassing way because of his apparent inability to deal responsibly with the amorous advances of many young groupies, a challenge shared by a great many sports figures.

I hasten to mention that this is a cultural issue, not a racial one.
Agreed. Although I would say "some." :)

Reaction Score
How often do we find that Mom's "Boyfriend" is the abuser? The particular nature of abuse? Take your pick.

I know, I'm not with the times but, I don't " get these "lifestyle choices" . There I go being "judgmental" again.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The problem, Jim, is that all the times that the new boyfriend is an incredible support and dad to the child never gets any coverage and that absence of those reports only allows the other image to dominate our awareness.

When was the last time you heard a positive story about a step dad or boyfriend or the same about a step mom or girlfriend and yet they exist in every community.

Reaction Score
Yes, I really have an old fashioned notion of marriage and commitment (and family). In the words of the song, "Put a Ring On It"
That would be support that might mean something.

How many serial dads can a child have before it has a negative impact?

No wonder kids feel insecure and act out in all the ways kids can act out..

The problem, Jim, is that all the times that the new boyfriend is an incredible support and dad to the child never gets any coverage and that absence of those reports only allows the other image to dominate our awareness.

When was the last time you heard a positive story about a step dad or boyfriend or the same about a step mom or girlfriend and yet they exist in every community.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, I really have an old fashioned notion of marriage and commitment (and family). In the words of the song, "Put a Ring On It"
That would be support that might mean something.

How many serial dads can a child have before it has a negative impact?

No wonder kids feel insecure and act out in all the ways kids can act out..

Absolutely true, that's why great step dads are so important and can change the life of a child when sperm donors opt out.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Here's my favorite. A video that went viral earlier this year. Mr. Orlando Shaw loves women. The sad part is that this fool doesn't have a clue about the kind of life that his 22 fatherless children are likely to have.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The guy is simply a breeder, not a Dad or a Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom