OT- Derrick Rose | The Boneyard

OT- Derrick Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tore his meniscus again, they weren't even playing a game. This guy really is the glass Joe of professional sports.

Reaction Score
Tore his meniscus again, they weren't even playing a game. This guy really is the glass Joe of professional sports.

So sad. The kid is a tremendous talent that will probably never be fully realized. Look at Grant Hill. If it weren't for his injuries, he was gonna be a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Hopefully, he finds a way to bounce back. For him, this seems to be the case every year.:(

Reaction Score
His career was already just a shadow of what it could have been now I don't see him ever being more than a role player. Feel terribly for Rose and terribly for the Bulls. They have been right on the cusp for several years now and any title chances are always destroyed by Rose's fragile frame.

Reaction Score
In August 2014 I gave the guy a 50/50 chance of being in the NBA in 5 years. Now that looks way too generous.

With his personality - that of a very high level competitor - I think he'll retire after this injury or the next one. I just can't see Rose ever being a "role" player, unless that role was to be a superstar.

Loved his game, and loved watching him play. The NBA is less interesting with him hurt.

Reaction Score
Feel bad for this guy. A great player that will probably never unleash his full potential due to all these injuries. Sucks to be a Bulls fan right now

Reaction Score
Karma is a bitch. Maybe World Wide Wes can hook him up with a better surgeon in Detroit. Hell, he could have someone get the surgery for him.

Reaction Score
Kid was to be the next Allen Iverson. Just unlucky.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But he just had to play USA Basketball preseason.

Reaction Score
But he just had to play USA Basketball preseason.
Not sure how that is relevant, if he reinjured the same meniscus it was bound to happen anyway, that USA Basketball appearance was basically a glorified training camp for him.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Poor guy great talent, knees of glass. Honestly though, someone in his inner circle better advise him to stop playing basketball(because we know he isn't going to change his game) soon or he'll be in a wheelchair very early on in life.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
It may seem harsh but the Bulls need to try and part ways with him. They have a very good nucleus and may be able to pick up another top level guy .
His career was already just a shadow of what it could have been now I don't see him ever being more than a role player. Feel terribly for Rose and terribly for the Bulls. They have been right on the cusp for several years now and any title chances are always destroyed by Rose's fragile frame.

Can they cut him? Or do they meet and mutually agree to part ways so they can try to get a free agent /trade next year. Tough spot.

Reaction Score
In August 2014 I gave the guy a 50/50 chance of being in the NBA in 5 years. Now that looks way too generous.

With his personality - that of a very high level competitor - I think he'll retire after this injury or the next one. I just can't see Rose ever being a "role" player, unless that role was to be a superstar.

Loved his game, and loved watching him play. The NBA is less interesting with him hurt.

Agreed, I think he loves the game, so I doubt he'll truly fade away, maybe he'll be a strength and conditioning coach or something

Reaction Score
It may seem harsh but the Bulls need to try and part ways with him. They have a very good nucleus and may be able to pick up another top level guy .

Can they cut him? Or do they meet and mutually agree to part ways so they can try to get a free agent /trade next year. Tough spot.

Cutting him would be hard to do since he's from Chicago (I know its a business).

Bulls are in a tough spot that's for sure and need to find a replacement, and 'delicately' handle Rose's future. Rondo may become available, he's no Rose but could lead to some support to limit Rose's minutes. Rose seems to only play (and rehab) one way which is all out. He'll come back but . . . . .

Reaction Score
The Bulls hav to part ways with Rose but his trade value is incredibly low, think they are on the hook with for like 42 mill over the next two seasons. Rondo is a cancer as evidenced by how much Boston hated him and Carlisle already benching him down in Dallas. Too bad Bulls didn't make a move on Someone from the Dragic, Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, Brandon Knight group.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He can come back from this - Westbrook's had that operation three or four times already.

Reaction Score
Poor guy great talent, knees of glass. Honestly though, someone in his inner circle better advise him to stop playing basketball(because we know he isn't going to change his game) soon or he'll be in a wheelchair very early on in life.
I guess you must not watch much NBA. His game has changed quite a bit post injuries.

Reaction Score
Westbrook came back in like 5 weeks and looked even more explosive, Rose missed a whole season from the torn meniscus and just tore the same meniscus. I watch all the Bulls games and Rose was about half the player he used to be. Some players heal quicker and better than others and Westbrook and are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm convinced even after the year off Rose's knee still never healed right, I've seen his knee buckle several times and he often complained of soreness. Hate saying it but Rose is done.

Reaction Score
Westbrook came back in like 5 weeks and looked even more explosive, Rose missed a whole season from the torn meniscus and just tore the same meniscus. I watch all the Bulls games and Rose was about half the player he used to be. Some players heal quicker and better than others and Westbrook and are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm convinced even after the year off Rose's knee still never healed right, I've seen his knee buckle several times and he often complained of soreness. Hate saying it but Rose is done.

The mental aspect of recovery is important as well. I think of Rose's apprehension is understandable and Westbrook is more of the anomaly.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
It's sad but its a perfect situation for the Bulls to sign a top free agent and then draft The Boatshow and bring him home.

Reaction Score
Really freaking sucks. One of my favorites and enjoyed watching him play. Hope he makes it back but no doubt he's quite the same.

Reaction Score
Westbrook had his repaired once, when he missed the rest of the postseason 2 seasons ago, that rehab took him months. The 2 procedures he had done last year were just scopes to reduce swelling. At this point its still unknown what Rose is going to have done this time around, KC Johnson is reporting that when he had the first repair done doctors told him it was likely it would tear again and at that point a snip or removal of the damaged cartilage would be likely. That route puts him on the court quicker but at this point with him mentally I'd imagine he wouldn't be rushing back.

Reaction Score
As a Bulls fan this really really sucks! That being said i think the Bulls need to start making plans to move on from D Rose. Hes never agains going to be what he was. They need to go out and get a PG because they have a really good team and the d rose situation is holding them back.

Reaction Score
Some guys are just not meant to stay healthy and D Rose is definitely one of them his career is reminiscent to Penny Hardaway. He can recover from this though, its a mental hurdle, Grant Hill was still a very productive player after overcoming multiple ankle injuries and so not all is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom