OT: DeMarcus Cousins makes the Kings nix Chinese NY shirts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: DeMarcus Cousins makes the Kings nix Chinese NY shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think the spout is doing a seig heil.

Reaction Score
There was probably an opportunity in there for a teachable moment, but the Kings opted out of it.

I don't know anything about Cousins - I suspect he's well-meaning, but his ignorance of another culture probably should have been addressed instead of appeased.

As for the timing...the lunar New Year is Monday and the Kings are about to go on an extended road trip carrying them through most of next week.

Well said....

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Something will always offend someone.

Reaction Score
We live in a society when the first person to be offended wins. Cousins just did what comes naturally, he found something to be offended about. I don't blame him, he is just the symptom.

Reaction Score
It's pretty interesting that you can demand he be more tolerant of others and call him a thin-skinned moron in the same post.
He's a thin skinned moron, no doubt about it.
The thing is, I could care less about the idiot and his anti-social behavior, and I'm sure not going to start a protest to have him amend his juvenile behavior.

You've confused TOLERANCE with BEING NICE. And that, really, is what the grist of this is.

I'm not nice. Sure. You win that one. I called him a thin skinned moron. That's NOT NICE.

But he, apparently, wanted to shut down the celebration of others. You see, that's INTOLERANT.

And your comment sums up this issue well, and suggests why a dangerous polemic like the Donald has risen to prominence:

A portion of the country is now fed up with this sort of nonsense. There was no need for delicacy. No need for concern.

Somebody just needed to tell him - You're being a moron Boogy, just shut up and stop trying to find issues where there are none. If, however, you are truly offended by the Chinese Monkey - DEAL WITH IT, it's your problem, not everybody else's.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nothing like making tea in my Hitler kettle while wearing my concentration camp pajamas from Zara:

_77198115_zaracomp.jpg

Ha! That is amazing.

Reaction Score
Cousins, due to his own antics, has no place to demand anything
He is a foul mouthed prejudiced immature dolt who should have been evicted from the league
Why any coach or team would put up with him, no matter how good someone may think he is, is beyond my comprehension.
This might be an overreaction.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Any black person who is "sensitive" to the portrayal of an image of a monkey during February, when said image in unrelated to black people, is a thin-skinned moron who should be told to shut the duck up and learn to be more tolerant of others.
And you were doing so well with this iteration. What moves you or anyone to make blanket statements rather than just state personal preferences, anyway?

Me?I find the t-shirt tasteful & benign. I laughed imagining a monkey dunking the moon, but perhaps because it was offered by a black man who also suggested it'd be more offensive than what the Kings printed. This is not unlike me being a Jew and finding the tea kettle & pajamas quite bad and both funny.

Reaction Score
And you were doing so well . . . This is not unlike me being a Jew and finding the tea kettle & pajamas quite bad and both funny.
I tried to understand everything after "this iteration," but couldn't. Please PM me if you care to clarify.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, Chinese, Vietnamese, and other East Asian Lunar New Year celebrants and others should absolutely adjust the entire lunisolar calendar, alter the several day holiday (actually about 19 days as the moon does its' thing), and select a supposedly PC animal as the 9th East Asian zodiac animal. After all, people born in the Year of the Monkey are purportedly intelligent, innovative, destined for career success, wealth, and versatile to boot. With all reasonable respect for people of all hues, genetic backgrounds, etc., inconveniently the Monkey year's supposed to be an unlucky year - perhaps that's where Cousins entered the equation.

Turn a positive honoring people of diverse hues, ethnic background, etc., include a few AAAs (Asian African or African Asian Americans), carry on honoring Black History throughout the leap year month, educate people on both Black History and the Lunar New Year, and hand the shirts out to interested people during the main lunar holiday period. Next!

Gotta love the Kings' lunar new year, Mandarin-player intros, including Rudy Gay.

Xīn nián kuài lè Cousins

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sure hope DeMarcus doesn't try to Google something today.

lunar-new-year-2016-5134827118395392-hp.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sure hope DeMarcus doesn't try to Google something today.

I bet someone tweets that at him today. Not a cool move, but it'll probably happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom