OT- DeAndre Jordan charade | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- DeAndre Jordan charade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't make excuses for the way Jordan behaved, but isn't that similar to most normal humans who find themselves in the situation where they look for a new job, get a great offer, go back their current employer with a letter of resignation, only to be offered even more to stay? How is this any different, except it played out in the public eye for everyone to masticate over...

You're leaving out the part where you accept the new great offer. Guys in free agency get offers all the time and go back to their team when they match/exceed. The offer is the leverage. There's an extra step involved here and that's why people are all over Jordan.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The issue that is being missed here is few people have an issue with him renegging on the deal. The issue is in the lack of communication/tact to tell Cuban that he is going back to the Clips. This wouldn't be the story it is today if DeAndre had just done that. Now the rules of free agency are going to change because billionaires do not like being screwed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He made a verbal agreement and then waited until the last minute to renege which totally screwed the Mavs entire free agency and any chance at a decent team next year. Knowing what he did DeAndre couldn't face Cuban, his friend or his agent so he shut off his phone and hid in his house. To me a verbal agreement is your word but that's not the big problem, the problem is he dealt with the situation like a little kid.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to make of it. I generally side with the players as the owners generally don't give 2 $hits about them. It's all about the $$ for the owners, and they have a product to sell so rightfully so.

I can't make excuses for the way Jordan behaved, but isn't that similar to most normal humans who find themselves in the situation where they look for a new job, get a great offer, go back their current employer with a letter of resignation, only to be offered even more to stay? How is this any different, except it played out in the public eye for everyone to masticate over...

Its definitely similar, but imagine that the company you speak of has like 15 truly necessary staff, and 5 of them are literal superstars of their field. I feel like in most businesses and office settings, people are a bit disposable, you can teach thousands of different people to the level they need to be to complete the job effectively. An NBA team is not the same, and Deandre Jordan's size and rebounding can't be taught to a 5'5" guy fresh out of college who wants to work hard.

I have no issue with him spurning the Mavs, I have an issue with him choosing to hide from Cuban and the Mavs in making that decision. Be a man and call Mark Cuban and say I'm sorry, I'm going back on my word and I'm staying in LA. He's a chump and a child for ignoring them rather than being up front about his decision. For the record I think Chandler Parsons is a tool and a half for calling out Jordan and saying he isn't ready to be a franchise player... sure it might be true, but who is he to tweet those words?

Reaction Score
Kembacity said:
For the record I think Chandler Parsons is a tool and a half for calling out Jordan and saying he isn't ready to be a franchise player... sure it might be true, but who is he to tweet those words?

A guy with a vested interest who's expressing an opinion and who also - as you note - may very well be right?

My take is that Chris Paul said "Look, I promise I won't yell at you anymore and I'll include you in all group high-fives going forward, okay?" and that was all Jordan wanted to hear.

Reaction Score
Only thing about this that makes it weird is it wasn't about the money. He was going to get max money and he knew it up front. Usually the economics are an issue but not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom