OT-Day Dreaming for the old Days | The Boneyard

OT-Day Dreaming for the old Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm in the process of cleaning out the Basement and I came across a box of unlabeled VCR tapes. Sat Down and went thru them one by one on a 13" TV with a built in VCR. My Daughter had it at UCONN. At any rate, I came across one Tape from 2003 with the Akron and Rutgers games on it recorded from the YES network. I watched a bit and wanted to cry. Boy have the Huskies Dropped off. Dan O was the Man. How many years to get back to that point. Sickening just thinking about.

Reaction Score
I hear ya. Just very angry and disgusted about everything that's happened that's lead to this. We were competitive right off the bat in our FBS infancy. First 2 years at the Rent were incredible - exciting football with a prolific offense lead by DanO & Terry Caulley. Great introduction for us to big-time football in the Big East. The future was bright & we stayed competitive & won a share of conference titles twice in the Edsall era, capped off with the Fiesta Bowl berth. The crowds were great back then. Tough running backs, solid D, special team players that could take it to the house, memorable games & wins. The Rent was a fun place to be.

Then it all crumbled. CR destroyed us (drew the low card every time it mattered), & horrid coaches and ADs destroyed us. Now we find ourselves as a laughingstock in a makeshift conference with former CUSA teams that a few years ago thought we were too good to even be associating with. Now we're getting spanked regularly by those same teams under the weight of our own ineptitude.

Back to rock bottom. And now it looks like we're stuck with this @ssclown of a coach for another year.

It's a long way back to anything remotely resembling what we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom