OT - David Bowie Is Dead. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - David Bowie Is Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked all his music. Saw him in Hartford in front of 15,000.
A month earlier I caught him at Toad's with Tin Machine and maybe 10 other people on a snowy night.
I don't think the guy can write a bad song.

And yes, his illness was pretty well-known.

Saw the 1983 Hartford stop as my one and only Bowie show. Really fun night. Connecticut's own Simms brothers were backing vocalists. Stevie Ray Vaughn quit the band before the tour got to CT.

Reaction Score
He was an amazing talent who constantly reinvented himself, not as a follower of trends but as their leader.

Always ahead of his time, and now deceased before his time.

I don’t believe in reincarnation, but if anyone could pull it off it would be Bowie.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No call for rumor mongering about Bowie's death, He died of cancer. His sexual tastes were rumored to be androgenous witch was revolutionary in the 70s but would not raise an eyebrow today. He was a brilliant businessman in many ventures including the first internet platform allowing Yankee fans to communicate with each other. While I'm sure he used drugs, like most people back then, he did not use like all the more tragic rockers of his day, nor did he ruin concerts showing up too stoned to perform.
David Bowie was bright, pushed the envelope and did not feel restrained by social norms. None of this means he died differently from any other 69 man.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sh_t, Alan Rickman just died too. He was 69 too. Loved that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom