OT- Dave Chappelle walks off in Hartford | The Boneyard

OT- Dave Chappelle walks off in Hartford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/30/dave-chappelle-heckled-walks-off-hartford_n_3840534.html Pasqualoni wasn't the only one who had a terrible night in Hartford. Sounds like Chappelle couldn't deal with the hecklers, so he sat down and smoked cigs and then walked off stage. Tonight signaled the end for Pasqualoni hope it's not the end for Dave. If he's done with comedy, I'm sure he could do a better job preparing us for our game against Maryland than the two dinosaurs we have now.

Reaction Score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/30/dave-chappelle-heckled-walks-off-hartford_n_3840534.html Pasqualoni wasn't the only one who had a terrible night in Hartford. Sounds like Chappelle couldn't deal with the hecklers, so he sat down and smoked cigs and then walked off stage. Tonight signaled the end for Pasqualoni hope it's not the end for Dave. If he's done with comedy, I'm sure he could do a better job preparing us for our game against Maryland than the two dinosaurs we have now.
I understand the hecklers were all wearing UC football gear. I think they left the football game because their heckling of P didn't produce the desired result.

Reaction Score
Chapelle is tired of the entertainment industry.

Reaction Score
I saw Chappelle in a small comedy club in San Francisco a few years back and he was brilliant. It was very interactive with the audience and it was like sitting around the living room with the guy chatting up different things about his tv show and whatever else was on his mind. He said when he ran into Prince after doing the Prince skit on the show, he was all nervous, but said that Prince had loved it and asked him if he wanted any pancakes.

The worst heckling I ever saw was how Rodney Dangerfield was treated when he did a show on the UConn campus when I was a student (I'm guessing '83). To the students' defense, Rodney basically performed the same act that he had done on his c0medy album, but it was still a fairly tough heckling. Talk about getting no respect.

Reaction Score
Dangerfield's grave in LA....no kidding....

RodneyDangerfieldGrave.JPG

Reaction Score
I saw Chappelle in a small comedy club in San Francisco a few years back and he was brilliant. It was very interactive with the audience and it was like sitting around the living room with the guy chatting up different things about his tv show and whatever else was on his mind. He said when he ran into Prince after doing the Prince skit on the show, he was all nervous, but said that Prince had loved it and asked him if he wanted any pancakes.

The worst heckling I ever saw was how Rodney Dangerfield was treated when he did a show on the UConn campus when I was a student (I'm guessing '83). To the students' defense, Rodney basically performed the same act that he had done on his c0medy album, but it was still a fairly tough heckling. Talk about getting no respect.
I saw Chappelle last summer at the House of Blues in Chicago, he was supposed to go on stage at 11 actually didn't go on stage until almost 1 in the morning and played until after 4 in the morning, mind you it was a Sunday evening. I was a zombie on Monday but it was so worth it, easily the best comedy show I've ever been to.

Reaction Score
I've never understood the point of heckling. You always look like a and either you piss off the comic and don't get your money's worth or the comic makes you look like a . If the show is so bad then leave. I've been to a decent amount of comedy shows; mostly mediocre (Funny Bone), and I've never once considered making myself part of the show.

Also, I don't understand how a comic doing his comedy album is a bad thing. He's doing his act. I'd rather hear old stuff that is proven as opposed to him trying out new material. I saw Dave Attell a few years ago and he openly said he was riffing and trying out new stuff. It was awful. I would have much rather heard the stuff that cracked me up in the past and still cracks me up today. When you go to a concert you don't expect the band to have an entirely new song catalog. For what it's worth, I think Chappelle is brilliant and hope that this isn't the end of him doing standup. The video kept on crashing on me, but it seemed like he was mighty sick of the whole thing.

Reaction Score
I saw dave chappelle a few years ago in connecticut about a year or possibly 2 after he turned down his 50 mil deal and he was great, its a shame that hecklers caused this to happen I always thought dave was a brilliant comedian.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've never understood the point of heckling. You always look like a and either you piss off the comic and don't get your money's worth or the comic makes you look like a .

About a decade ago, my buddy rented a limo for the night for his GFs birthday and about 4 other couples. The drinks were flowing in the limo as we randomly drove around Southern California. We found ourselves at one of the big comedy clubs in LA and somehow ended up front row. My GF at the time had become rather trashed and wouldn't shutup during the show. Two or three comedians in a row first tried to ignore her and then tried to silence her - none could (they also kept commenting on her rack - she had just gotten them augmented and they rather noticeable....) Finally Joe Rogan from News Radio and Fear Factor fame was on stage. He basically told her a couple times to pipe down. Finally he was fed up and walked right over in front of her and yelled at the top of his lungs with his face totally red and veins bulging, "Shut The duckK Up!" I saw him outside a few minutes later and he says "You're girlfriend has a huge rack, but you have to make her shut up." Cracked me up. Anyhow, hecklers suck.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I read some of the more recent reports and it sounds like there really wasn't much heckling at first, but that people were coming back to their seats after the break from the previous performer, with a good deal of cheering for him at the beginning. He was described as being really critical of the whole crowd and saying things like he only has to be on stage for 25 minutes to get paid and basically acting like a teacher who is going to sit there and wait for everyone to get completely quiet before he would continue. It was after this went on for some time that he started getting more heckling. I was not there, just passing on the way it was described that made him sound like he was being a real dick, basically. On the other hand, the Comcast theater has become known for tailgating and people getting quite wasted for shows there. Dave Matthews plays there every year and it always seems to have some fairly major incidents.

Reaction Score
Seriously how hard is it to sit in your seat and laugh, people suck.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Dangerfield's grave in LA....no kidding....

RodneyDangerfieldGrave.JPG
Great pretty little cemetery in an unlikely location in the middle of Westwood Village. Marylin Monroe is buried there in a totally plain vault along with dozens of others. The cemetery allows sayings and stuff on the tombstones. Dangerfield's is one of the good ones. For oldies but goodies, Merv Griffin's says something like "I Will Not Be Back After the Next Commercial."

In the old Oakdale in the round theater I saw Sammy Davis Jr, think he was being heckled when a guy was just shouting a request. I hope Davis was drunk because he tried to insult the guy and was a total ass.

Reaction Score
Chapelle is tired of the entertainment industry.

He wasn't tired of it at any of the fantastic shows he put on this summer.

Seems like he was just tired of the idiots in the Hartford crowd who were by far the most disrespectful of any show he had done this year.

Reaction Score
About a decade ago, my buddy rented a limo for the night for his GFs birthday and about 4 other couples. The drinks were flowing in the limo as we randomly drove around Southern California. We found ourselves at one of the big comedy clubs in LA and somehow ended up front row. My GF at the time had become rather trashed and wouldn't shutup during the show. Two or three comedians in a row first tried to ignore her and then tried to silence her - none could (they also kept commenting on her rack - she had just gotten them augmented and they rather noticeable....) Finally Joe Rogan from News Radio and Fear Factor fame was on stage. He basically told her a couple times to pipe down. Finally he was fed up and walked right over in front of her and yelled at the top of his lungs with his face totally red and veins bulging, "Shut The duckK Up!" I saw him outside a few minutes later and he says "You're girlfriend has a huge rack, but you have to make her shut up." Cracked me up. Anyhow, hecklers suck.

Dude, that was a really longwinded way to say MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A GREAT RACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET