ot cuse players leaving | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ot cuse players leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
He would be able to redshirt like Purvis. Can sit out a year then play 2. 7/5 is still very good for a guy his age.
I realize 7/5 is a fine output for a big man. My main point was just that he isn't going to come in and be "the answer" for our front court. Extra body with experience would be a nice plus of course given our lack of depth but he would basically be similar to what we have now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Johnson's not a big - he's a wing.

No use for Patterson, but Johnson would have gotten decent minutes here this year. He should have redshirted last year and let his class age catch up to his chronological age, but I guess Syracuse wanted his clock ticking from the jump.

I'm guessing he opts for Temple, PSU or Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Johnson's not a big - he's a wing.

No use for Patterson, but Johnson would have gotten decent minutes here this year. He should have redshirted last year and let his class age catch up to his chronological age, but I guess Syracuse wanted his clock ticking from the jump.

I'm guessing he opts for Temple, PSU or Rutgers.
I still think if he adds weight, he would be a serviceable player at the 4. Secondly, Hamilton won't be here in two years, so if he can't play the 4 there are wide open minutes at the 3.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nah - he's a perimeter guy.

Half of his field goal attempts are threes - he's a Tolksdorfian sort of wing forward.

I'd take a flier on him - he's not going to scare off recruits, he supposedly hits shots in practice and could really use the extra year.

But I'm guessing the staff never picks up the phone to call him.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I still think if he adds weight, he would be a serviceable player at the 4. Secondly, Hamilton won't be here in two years, so if he can't play the 4 there are wide open minutes at the 3.
I know nothing about this guy but back and forth makes him sound like Roscoe Smith. Always wanted to take 3 pointers from the corner but his game actually worked better at the 4, despite his height.

Reaction Score
You don't get it. The kid was playing high major D1 basketball when he should have been a junior and senior in high school. Amida gave us 9/4. Double Johnson's minutes to get to Amida's level you get 8/6. If you account for his games where he played starter's minutes, he shot 38%, the same as our savior Danny Hams. He shoots 54% in these games if you take away his shooting of 3s, which he shouldn't be doing.

Deandre Daniels stats when he played the same minutes his freshman year? 3/2 on 34% shooting.
This is just full of unfounded assumptions.

Nothing ensures his (or any player's) production would double with a doubling of minutes. But even with that, he's just on par with AB, who is obviously a project himself. But this kid isn't just because he's young for his grade.

No way or reason to think he will turn in to the DD that emerged for ~6 weeks last year.

And I'm the one who doesn't get it lmao

Reaction Score
Arguing numbers at this point is meaningless. We need scholarship players. We're eating scholarships and have glaring holes all over the place. Bring em in, the more the merrier.

Reaction Score
Nah - he's a perimeter guy.

Half of his field goal attempts are threes - he's a Tolksdorfian sort of wing forward.

I'd take a flier on him - he's not going to scare off recruits, he supposedly hits shots in practice and could really use the extra year.

But I'm guessing the staff never picks up the phone to call him.

1. How can calling someone "Tolksdorfian" not be the end of the discussion?

2. I will believe that JB will release a player to allow him to come to UConn when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom