ot cuse players leaving | The Boneyard

ot cuse players leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Haven't really followed Cuse this year, are these guys worth courting?

Reaction Score

Absolutely. We going to be under the scholarship limit already but if anyone transfers (as suggested by the BY geniuses that said Omar was gone) we're beyond screwed.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Knowing Cuse they'd probably put us on the blocked list.

Reaction Score
Who and how would our guys go about doing this? For example would Hobbs reach out or Coach? Email, phone call or text? Not just cuse but i have to imagine march/april is transfer month announcements.

I ask because you would need an aggressive recruiter to already have known this, evaluated this, make a decision and take action this week.

Just curious how these things work, and if we have someone capable of 'snatching' a prospect first or before other suitors come calling.

Reaction Score
Who and how would our guys go about doing this? For example would Hobbs reach out or Coach? Email, phone call or text? Not just cuse but i have to imagine march/april is transfer month announcements.

I ask because you would need an aggressive recruiter to already have known this, evaluated this, make a decision and take action this week.

Just curious how these things work, and if we have someone capable of 'snatching' a prospect first or before other suitors come calling.

The official protocol is that the player has to have an signed release form from their current institution in order to have formal contact with any prospective suitors. Any direct contact before the release is signed could result in tampering charges and some form of penalty (likely just not being able to give that one player a scholarship, unless there were repeated violations).

The unofficial protocol is to let the kid's former AAU coach, barber, cousin down the street, etc. know that "hey, if they're looking for a new home, boy they sure would fit in nice here..."

Reaction Score
KO recruited malachi richardson hard, would be awesome to nab him somehow

Reaction Score
BJ Johnson will be really good wherever he goes. Not turning 20 until the middle of his junior year, and he averaged 4/3 in 14 minutes this year, which would basically be our best big man. A lot of talent there, just has to develop. GET HIM.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
BJ Johnson will be really good wherever he goes. Not turning 20 until the middle of his junior year, and he averaged 4/3 in 14 minutes this year, which would basically be our best big man. A lot of talent there, just has to develop. GET HIM.
I doubt a 6'7 SF will be our best big man next year, especially after shooting 30.7% from the field and averaging 8 boards per 40 minutes this year.
He claimed he's staying before the latest Boeheim announcement, and I can't hate loyalty, but why would he stay there? He doesn't have to come to UConn, but do yourself a huge favor and go pretty much anywhere other than Cuse.

Reaction Score
Patterson was the nepsac aaa player of the year.....one ct prep school coach called him the best prep school on ball defender he had ever seen....wondered why he went to the orange....his brewster team was pretty good....and he could negotiate extremely well through traffic as i remember.

Reaction Score
Because we need another developmental project in our front court

Reaction Score
No surprise.

Are they allowed to fill those scholarships?

I believe they cannot. I think part of the penalties were they could not add anyone who had not already signed an LOI for next year, basically to protect against a situation like this.

Reaction Score
No surprise.

Are they allowed to fill those scholarships?
They have 4 signed in the class already so if that puts them over 10, which I'm pretty sure it does, then they can not sign any more. They would have been allowed to be over their 10 scholarship limit this year only if players had signed before the punishment was enforced, which they did.

Reaction Score
Because we need another developmental project in our front court
1. He is not a project
2. He would sit out a year before playing anyways

He was born 10 days after Jalen Adams, so he would be the age of players coming in as FRESHMAN next year, as a JUNIOR. He can red shirt, and then have two years of eligibility. He already rebounds at a higher clip than any of our bigs, why are people dismissing that we can have a Deandre Daniels level player ready to step in for the 2016 season?

If he was a member of the 2015 class, he would be a top 20 recruit.

Reaction Score
1. He is not a project
2. He would sit out a year before playing anyways

He was born 10 days after Jalen Adams, so he would be the ages of players coming in as FRESHMAN next year, as a JUNIOR. He can red shirt, and then have two years of eligibility. He already rebounds at a higher clip than any of our bigs, why are people dismissing that we can have a Deandre Daniels level player ready to step in for the 2016 season?
Averaging 4/3 and "needs to develop" doesn't indicate there's some project going on there lol

And I love how he averages 4/3 yet is somehow already our next DD.

Reaction Score
Averaging 4/3 and "needs to develop" doesn't indicate there's some project going on there lol

And I love how he averages 4/3 yet is somehow already our next DD.
You don't get it. The kid was playing high major D1 basketball when he should have been a junior and senior in high school. Amida gave us 9/4. Double Johnson's minutes to get to Amida's level you get 8/6. If you account for his games where he played starter's minutes, he shot 38%, the same as our savior Danny Hams. He shoots 54% in these games if you take away his shooting of 3s, which he shouldn't be doing.

Deandre Daniels stats when he played the same minutes his freshman year? 3/2 on 34% shooting.

Reaction Score
Anything in the rumor mill on whether they were forced out, or was their choice? JB has to be very careful with his scholarships since if he pretty much has to try to go the one and done model. He can't afford to have players take 2-3 years to develop, because it will eventually mean he has a class or two, where he can maybe only bring in 0-2 players

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Double Johnson's minutes to get to Amida's level you get 8/6. If you account for his games where he played starter's minutes, he shot 38%, the same as our savior Danny Hams. He shoots 54% in these games if you take away his shooting of 3s, which he shouldn't be doing.
Generally speaking, you can't take a guy playing full energy for 14 minutes and just double his stats to say what he would do while playing 26.3 minutes over the course of a season. He would be more likely to go from 4/3 to maybe 7/5.

Kentan Facey also shot 54% and would average 5.5 and 6.4 with the slight bump in minutes (from 21 to 26) which is a much more realistic projection than the aforementioned doubling since the minutes are much closer. So basically, his output would be similar to Facey with maybe a point more and a rebound less.

Plus he only has 2 years of eligibility left to develop so it's not as if his youth is a plus. Obviously Facey only has 2 years as well, I'm just saying the output would be similar so he would just be more of the same. Granted he does get to sit out a year and theoretically get stronger so I'll give him that bonus point.

Overall, it would be very helpful to have the extra scholarship player (with experience) but IMO he most likely wouldn't come in and stand out from the rest of our mediocre front court.

Reaction Score
Generally speaking, you can't take a guy playing full energy for 14 minutes and just double his stats to say what he would do while playing 26.3 minutes over the course of a season. He would be more likely to go from 4/3 to maybe 7/5.

Kentan Facey also shot 54% and would average 5.5 and 6.4 with the slight bump in minutes (from 21 to 26) which is a much more realistic projection than the aforementioned doubling since the minutes are much closer. So basically, his output would be similar to Facey with maybe a point more and a rebound less.

Plus he only has 2 years of eligibility left to develop so it's not as if his youth is a plus. Obviously Facey only has 2 years as well, I'm just saying the output would be similar so he would just be more of the same. Granted he does get to sit out a year and theoretically get stronger so I'll give him that bonus point.

Overall, it would be very helpful to have the extra scholarship player (with experience) but IMO he most likely wouldn't come in and stand out from the rest of our mediocre front court.
He would be able to redshirt like Purvis. Can sit out a year then play 2. 7/5 is still very good for a guy his age.

Reaction Score

Players cant be automatically released now because there was no post-season ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom