OT: Cuse loses to Miami | The Boneyard

OT: Cuse loses to Miami

Reaction Score
Team is in trouble. No depth and the lose Gillon, White and Lydon will likely declare for the draft. All were playing over 35 minutes a game since January. Maybe they can pull 2 major contributors out of the grad transfer pool again, but doubtful. Also lose Coleman and Robertson who were primary backups. They also have a lame duck coach which is a challenge in recruiting.

All being said I would rather be them than us because of the conference.

Reaction Score
I don't know, I keep on hearing this is the worst bubble of all time...If they do get in they better get a play in game.

Reaction Score
NO team has been successful in the Dance using a zone defense. EVER!!!! Unless they had Carmelo Anthony!!! Never!!It helped also to have 2 home games in their back yard!!!!!!!!!!!In the Regionals.:(:(:(:(:(

Reaction Score
Why do I think they will be in the field? Aren't 18 ACC teams a lock?

Reaction Score
IMG_2882.PNG

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
NO team has been successful in the Dance using a zone defense. EVER!!!! Unless they had Carmelo Anthony!!! Never!!It helped also to have 2 home games in their back yard!!!!!!!!!!!In the Regionals.:(:(:(:(:(
I don't like them either, but they've had a few good runs

Reaction Score
They will get in this year because they've de-emphasized the RPI. At least that is what we will be told. Anytime you can be a 500 team in the mighty ACC and beat Duke, you deserve to be in

Reaction Score
Cuse is basically 2010 UConn. Terrible resume that was disguised by three big wins (for us it was Texas, @ Nova, and WVU). That team didn't come close and neither should they. Two more interesting Syracuse stats:

1. They won two games all year outside the dome. Two.

2. They've never won an ACCT game.

Reaction Score
Their RPI is now 84. Lowest RPI ever given an at large bid was Cuse last year (#71). They have no place in the NCAAT.
Their record away from the Dome is 2-11......No possible way they get in. Right??

Reaction Score
Does the committee actually use BPI? It's all ESPN talks about and its like the only metric that puts Syracuse around top 30. Their resume is straight garbage, but you know they somehow get in, and make a run to boot.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Their RPI is now 84. Lowest RPI ever given an at large bid was Cuse last year (#71). They have no place in the NCAAT.

Problem is they made the final 4 with that RPI last year. So there's a precedent for them.

Reaction Score
Does the committee actually use BPI? It's all ESPN talks about and its like the only metric that puts Syracuse around top 30. Their resume is straight garbage, but you know they somehow get in, and make a run to boot.

I believe this year they will take into consideration BPI and Kenpom and not value RPI as much

Reaction Score
It's really pretty simple. If they make it this year, the only thing that matters is conference affiliation. For a team that has LITERALLY WON TWO GAMES AWAY FROM HOME THE ENTIRE SEASON to make the tournament would be complete BS. Don't care what spin you try and put on it, that is a completely embarrassing record and nothing else should really matter.

Reaction Score
Little thing that annoyed me from this game:

In the first half, a Syracuse player, maybe Gillon, knocked the ball away from a Miami player who had gotten an offensive rebound. His momentum carried him out of bounds. The ball was also rolling out of bounds, so the Syracuse player jumped back in bounds, landed and tapped the ball to a teammate. It was a terrific hustle play, but I immediately thought back to the game when Purvis ran along the baseline, stepped out of bounds, came back in, caught a pass below the free throw line and was ruled to have not established himself inbounds. I'm not saying it should have also been a turnover on Syracuse, just that UConn got jobbed on a terrible call.

Reaction Score
Greenberg and Jay Williams are on an ESPN clip today saying Syracuse has done enough top secure a spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom