OT - current NBA players who will be in the HoF? | The Boneyard

OT - current NBA players who will be in the HoF?

Reaction Score
So the Jordan thread sparked the whole GOAT debate with Lebron again and one of the latest posts mentioned all the HoF guys MJ played against vs the relatively "softer" present day NBA. Got me thinking...which active players will be in the HoF once they hang up their shoes? Just to get things started...

The obvious
Lebron
KD
Steph
Greek freak
Kawhi
Anthony Davis
Westbrook
Harden
CPIII

Jury's Out/Has a chance
Nikola Jokic
Kemba (little homer love here...but it's possible)
Embiid
Gobert
Paul George
Lillard

The young'uns
Zion
KAT
Luka Doncic

EDIT: mods, I put OT in thread title, but looks like it removed when I posted it

Reaction Score
So the Jordan thread sparked the whole GOAT debate with Lebron again and one of the latest posts mentioned all the HoF guys MJ played against vs the relatively "softer" present day NBA. Got me thinking...which active players will be in the HoF once they hang up their shoes? Just to get things started...

The obvious
Lebron
KD
Steph
Greek freak
Kawhi
Anthony Davis
Westbrook
Harden
CPIII

Jury's Out/Has a chance
Nikola Jokic
Kemba (little homer love here...but it's possible)
Embiid
Gobert
Paul George
Lillard

The young'uns
Zion
KAT
Luka Doncic

EDIT: mods, I put OT in thread title, but looks like it removed when I posted it
Thats pretty spot on

Reaction Score
Top 20 have basically all been mentioned other than Lowry, the next group is pretty interesting to see who can get up there

BD5B481E-6CDE-4C7C-8E64-2D496BF0238F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Iguodala and Draymond have a shot, guys on dynasty teams get an open door into Springfield. Derozan and Lowry possibly. The Gasol brothers Pau is a lock.

Reaction Score
Draymond will also be interesting. I wonder if there are any HOFers who don't have a career average in double figures in any major category.

Dray is at 9.0 / 6.9 / 5.0 right now.

I'd think he'd make it with x3 titles, x5 All-D, winning DPOY.

Reaction Score
Who will be the future of the league?

Candidates-

Doncic
Zion
Morant

I didn't include Kawhi and Giannis because they are the now and they're older. Embiid and Jokic are.also older. Guys like Trae Young, Tatum, and Donovan Mitchell are awesome but I feel like they probably don't have the same superstar face of the league potential as the 3 I named.

Reaction Score

Candidates-

Doncic
Zion
Morant

I didn't include Kawhi and Giannis because they are the now and they're older. Embiid and Jokic are.also older. Guys like Trae Young, Tatum, and Donovan Mitchell are awesome but I feel like they probably don't have the same superstar face of the league potential as the 3 I named.
I’d include Trae and Tatum in the top group. Not Donovan though, I think he has a ceiling whereas the others maybe not.

Reaction Score

Candidates-

Doncic
Zion
Morant

Depends how you define future. I don't think Trae belongs in that conversation on talent but I could see him becoming a star in terms of marketability/fans just based on his playstyle with deep 3's and scoring

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Candidates-

Doncic
Zion
Morant

I'd put Tatum over Morant. He's the best player on a really good Celtics team, which will be in the playoffs for years to come.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Locks (dont even have to think about it)

Lebron
Giannis
Kawhi
Curry
CP3
Howard
Vince
Harden
Westbrook
Durant
Klay
Kyrie
Melo (scoring average, winning a ring with Cuse)
Love
Pau

I think maybe half those players make the Hall.

From the draft classes of 1990 and on, only the following players are in the Hall:

Gary Payton
Alonzo Mourning
Dikembe Mutombo
Yao Ming
Shaquille O'Neal
Allen Iverson
Tracy McGrady
Ray Allen
Grant Hill
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash

The bar is pretty high. I think that Billups, Kemp and Webber are probably the only other players from the 1990's that will ever make it.

Reaction Score
I think maybe half those players make the Hall.

From the draft classes of 1990 and on, only the following players are in the Hall:

Gary Payton
Alonzo Mourning
Dikembe Mutombo
Yao Ming
Shaquille O'Neal
Allen Iverson
Tracy McGrady
Ray Allen
Grant Hill
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash

The bar is pretty high. I think that Billups, Kemp and Webber are probably the only other players from the 1990's that will ever make it.
You left out Duncan, Dirk, Garnett, Manu, and Pierce. All of them are either entering the Hall now or locks to in the next few years.

Reaction Score
jimmy butler should be considered. he obviously transformed the bulls. as a sixers fan, he almost got us to the nba finals. and now with the heat.

Reaction Score
Kemba has also been to 2 final fours, with all his junior year accolades. He’s also an iconic college hooper..that matters for HOF.

Reaction Score
jimmy butler should be considered. he obviously transformed the bulls. as a sixers fan, he almost got us to the nba finals. and now with the heat.

He really shouldn’t.

Reaction Score
Kemba has also been to 2 final fours, with all his junior year accolades. He’s also an iconic college hooper..that matters for HOF.

I think this is where these hypotheticals get interesting, especially whenever you consider the 1 & Done era. Ralph Sampson made it basically on the strength of his unbelievable college career. I wonder ifin the 1 & done era how much weight college will still have with many kids leaving so early.

Side note. Rose or Ralph? Who’s the bigger “what if”

Reaction Score
I think this is where these hypotheticals get interesting, especially whenever you consider the 1 & Done era. Ralph Sampson made it basically on the strength of his unbelievable college career. I wonder ifin the 1 & done era how much weight college will still have with many kids leaving so early.

Side note. Rose or Ralph? Who’s the bigger “what if”
C. Len Bias

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom