OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Outdoor Live Music Venues

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I could not convince Mrs. Dove to go see Little Steven there. damn.
He played College Street in New Haven last year. I had a free ticket but couldn’t go. Heard it was a great show.

Reaction Score
Outdoor events is still supposed to be limited to 100. Which most likely is limiting the ability to host live music events.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Going to see Dino Jr at South Farms. Keep in mind, ticket prices at South Farms are for a plot on the grid, which gets you two tickets.

Reaction Score
Going to see Dino Jr at South Farms. Keep in mind, ticket prices at South Farms are for a plot on the grid, which gets you two tickets.
I'm curious how safe they'll be able to keep things and how spread out people will stay. I've seen a few Dinosaur Jr. shows and a couple of J Mascis solo shows the past few years. I'm sitting this one out, since I still don't know how much I trust crowds of people at a concert, even though being outdoors is relatively safe. If this is the only way to see live music by next year, then I'm a lot more likely to check out this type of show.

Reaction Score
Outdoor events is still supposed to be limited to 100. Which most likely is limiting the ability to host live music events.

I don't believe this is true... the Bees have been playing and certainly have had more than 100 people at the games

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Southside Johnny is playing in Morris on September 5th. I saw him last year and he still could sing. And of course the Jukes are great.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
0_Sam-Fender-plays-first-socially-distanced-gig-in-Newcastle.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm curious how safe they'll be able to keep things and how spread out people will stay. I've seen a few Dinosaur Jr. shows and a couple of J Mascis solo shows the past few years. I'm sitting this one out, since I still don't know how much I trust crowds of people at a concert, even though being outdoors is relatively safe. If this is the only way to see live music by next year, then I'm a lot more likely to check out this type of show.
I'm friend's with the owner, there's no way he would host these concerts if it wasn't safe.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We've been extremely cautious since March, and after seeing how the venue is setting up the grid, and all of the precautions that put in place that they say they are going to strictly enforce, we feel good about this one.

Reaction Score
One thing I have missed over the past 5 months is live music. In the interest of full disclosure, I did see August West's band LEGION OF JERRY about a month ago at the Hungry Tiger in Manchester.

Anyway, I am looking to find venues that have outdoor live music throughout CT. I am happy to take precautions, social distance, etc...I just need some live music. All substantive replies appreciated.
I was there too! I saw Pink Talking Fish in New Hampshire at a drive in and saw Richard James' band Neighbor at a drive in a few towns over in NH. Doing Beau Sasser at New Park tomorrow. Dead show and legion of Jerry are back at the Tiger on the 28th and then again on the 4th. 7 below is about to announce an outdoor gig on FB. Pppp is playing a gig out on the cape tonight, wish I could go but have work in the am.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm in Mass, I don't think we have live concerts permitted at this point, even outside. Local guys can play at outside dinner locations. Definitely a bummer, as we usually take in several shows from Sprint through to Fall.
Yeah they just shut down again. Sucks because we were going to see some bands out near the cape. Pigeons is playing West Yarmouth tonight though. We were supposed to see some shows at pembroke, sound check studios, but they were cancelled. Ptf is playing Infinity in early October tho.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah they just shut down again. Sucks because we were going to see some bands out near the cape. Pigeons is playing West Yarmouth tonight though. We were supposed to see some shows at pembroke, sound check studios, but they were cancelled. Ptf is playing Infinity in early October tho.

Mass had just done some dumb things in my opinion, like telling outdoor beer halls, brewers that they need to offer food, and not just appetizers. Why? That's pointless. And you now cannot order beer unless you order food. Is it safer if we order food? The reality is that they longer you are there the less safe it is, so food works to your disadvantage.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mass had just done some dumb things in my opinion, like telling outdoor beer halls, brewers that they need to offer food, and not just appetizers. Why? That's pointless. And you now cannot order beer unless you order food. Is it safer if we order food? The reality is that they longer you are there the less safe it is, so food works to your disadvantage.
Connecticut has the same requirement. I think the theory behind it is that they don't want people out just drinking because they don't want bar/party scenes. Same reason you can't sit at the bar. They must figure that if you have to eat while drinking, you'll only stay as long as you want to eat.

I agree with you though: the food requirement has the opposite effect on me because I usually just want a drink or two. Requiring food means I will either avoid it altogether, or I'll wait until I can make a meal of it, which is going to be a longer visit, but it's not going to be nearly as often as I would otherwise stop by a place for a few drinks.

Reaction Score
Mass is way worse than out here. Everything is open outside and everything was open at 25% capacity inside but then they reversed it and said you need a food license to have anyone inside. My buddy who owns a couple bars with no food said screw it and has remained open.

Reaction Score
I could not convince Mrs. Dove to go see Little Steven there. damn.
Let me know next time....
I go to a lot more shows with the guys than I
do with the wife or with other couples.

Reaction Score
I think the feeling is that the more you eat, the less drunk you get and the less you hug and kiss and forget social distancing. The problem is that we went to one, got food, kept drinking, packed it for after, got really drunk. And acted the fool anyway. Ha. I'm pretty sure I drank nearly a whole fifth of Jager, idk, my wife said I was sharing it, but I don't remember that at all...

Reaction Score
I don't believe this is true... the Bees have been playing and certainly have had more than 100 people at the games
There's different rules for different scenarios. In general, events outdoors (weddings, retirement parties, charity event, music outdoors at a small venue/bar) which is what I was thinking about, is 100.

Outdoor event vvenues and amphitheaters is 25% of capacity, which is what I assume most the locations in the thread fall under.

Professional sports team had to go to the state for approval of their protocols and are probably limited to 25% off capacity too.

Last edited:

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Nice.
My first show was 1994 Great Woods. The night AFTER Gamehendge! Wah, Wah, Wah...
149 and 150 were supposed to be this weekend in Atlantic City. Wah, Wah, Wah...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just had my 25th anniversary (6-30-95 Greatwoods) and had my 100th show the last night of Mexico this year.
Nice.
My first show was 1994 Great Woods. The night AFTER Gamehendge! Wah, Wah, Wah...
149 and 150 were supposed to be this weekend in Atlantic City. Wah, Wah, Wah...
n00bs

My first shows were in 1985. Hunt's, Finbar's, Goddard College.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom