OT - CT Divorce Asset Distribution | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - CT Divorce Asset Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By the way on a more serious note Okie, Harvey did a real nice job for Louis's sister on SUITS last night. He is the man!

Reaction Score
I got divorced last year and ended up using a mediator. I agreed to let my wife keep $500k house (paid off) with me getting $80k when the house is sold when the kids are grown. I kept all of my retirement. I earn six figured and three times what my ex does. The asset distribution ended being 50/50 but I also have to pay $27k per year in child/general support plus a larger share of daycare and medical bills. I also have a mortgage now and little cash. It seemed like a fair deal at the time but now I have shizz. My advise? Get the toughest lawyer you can and fight for yours.
Unless you left out one or more important details, you got a great deal. In my jurisdiction, I would have said "yes" to that offer before the email finished loading on my screen, if I was the husband's lawyer. You got 50% of the assets while having triple the income and you have to pay about 20% a year in child support? Really, I think you did very well.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Thank you guys. If not for the advice, the laugh.
Good luck, Brother...I will keep you in my prayers.
I am going through a similar situation and even in an amicable situation it is very heart-wrenching and emotionally draining. Stay strong!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Good luck, Brother...I will keep you in my prayers.
I am going through a similar situation and even in an amicable situation it is very heart-wrenching and emotionally draining. Stay strong!
You too.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge or advice to offer, but I'm sorry to hear of this and I hope it all works out for the best.

Reaction Score
Keep the lawyers out as long as possible, which may be all the way.
If you or she gets lawyers involved, the lawyers can make it contentious (intentionally or not).
Good luck.

This. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS!!! Try to keep it amicable and be reasonable and try to resolve it without getting snakes involved.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I've learned real estate & contract negotiations can be messy, through divorce as well. Even when neither party wants to keep the home. Try to keep it civil. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom