OT- CT bathroom remodel | The Boneyard

OT- CT bathroom remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Any Yarders know somebody fair & good to work on my new project. Anybody in the remodel business? Thanks

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
GemParty said:
Any Yarders know somebody fair & good to work on my new project. Anybody in the remodel business? Thanks
where are you. I have a guy who's done ton of work for us. He's in Trumbull.

GemParty

Reaction Score

Drumguy

Reaction Score
Newington.
It's a little far but not crazy. Here's his contact info, I have used him for a lot of work: Bathroom, kitchen and he's also put on a new deck and porch, resided my house and new windows. Dana Giammateo 203-913-7843, you can tell him Ray Abramson gave you his name! He's also done work for other friends of ours as well. Fair and reputable. Newington should be within his reach but I'll let you decide or not.

Reaction Score
My family uses House of Hanbury (based out of Newington). He's recently redone our kitchen, living room, and master bedroom. Can be a bit on the pricier side but you'll have to see what his quote is. Does excellent work and is timely.

(860) 331-8530
http://www.houseofhanbury.net/

Reaction Score
Make sure you heat the floors, well worth the investment.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Our guy isn't close enough to make sense for you, but the only piece of advice I have is that if you get a "quiet close" toilet seat, get them for all the toilets in your house (and maybe even where you work). Once you get used to the quiet close, you're going to start slamming regular toilet seats everywhere else.

Reaction Score
Our guy isn't close enough to make sense for you, but the only piece of advice I have is that if you get a "quiet close" toilet seat, get them for all the toilets in your house (and maybe even where you work). Once you get used to the quiet close, you're going to start slamming regular toilet seats everywhere else.

brilliant!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
August_West said:
Anybody think about putting a Stand up Urinal in their Man Cave bathroom? I like that idea. feel like you are at a sporting event.

Been done. It's not all that uncommon. Just know that you'll be on solo cleaning detail. I've got a friend who did just this.

Drumguy

Reaction Score
Next bathroom I think we'll add electric outlets for a Japanese toilet seat. Takes some getting used to but a hot comfortable seat with amenities is worth checking out. I got used to them when in Japan earlier this year, takes a number of uses to acclimate and not get ....surprised!

GemParty

Reaction Score
My family uses House of Hanbury (based out of Newington). He's recently redone our kitchen, living room, and master bedroom. Can be a bit on the pricier side but you'll have to see what his quote is. Does excellent work and is timely.

(860) 331-8530
Do you have a guy to ask for?

Reaction Score
Make sure you heat the floors, well worth the investment.

Highly recommend. One suggestion. If you're doing electric radiant heat in the floor is install a second temperature sensor and run it up to (not connected) to the thermostat. The sensor tends to be the weakest link and you don't want to tear up the floor for a $20 part.

Reaction Score
I have a local guy who I've used for two projects. Complete kitchen and new deck were done at different times. He's honest, does great work, and keeps to the timeline and contract for the project. He is from Rocky Hill. His name is Frank Catania and he does business as Brentwood Building & Remodeling LLC. Call him at 860-250-0303. He's very pleasant to work with and he cleans up the site when he's done. He's probably not the cheapest contractor, but I found his quote to be very comparable to Lowe's and his design was better. He also does the tile work in addition to the carpentry, so he can do much of the needed work for kitchens and bath. If you select him you won't be disappointed with the results. Sorry, don't know ho to make link work but that is the URL.

http://www.brentwoodbuildersct.com/

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Be prepared to spend more than you think it will cost. Bathrooms are by far the most expensive rooms per s.f.

The first thing I ask my clients before even looking at a bathroom remodel is: "Do you have another full bathroom you are prepared to use for at least three weeks?" If the answer is "no", my response is that I am too busy.

Reaction Score
I remember that the NL-Waterford Speed Bowl had a 50' long half pipe in the men's room. If you needed the crapper, it was out to the bushes behind the 2nd turn.

GemParty

Reaction Score

(860) 331-8530
Dave- what's your last name?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Should have also mentioned he is also a UConn grad, 2005
Who can I tell him, referred him?
Is the guys name Stephen W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics