OT - Covid 19 - a # of Fairfield County Schools closing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Covid 19 - a # of Fairfield County Schools closing

Reaction Score
"If you have a fever and cough, and are in the south western part of the state, you should assume you have the coronavirus. You don't need a test to tell you that's what you have. You should assume that's the illness you have. Most people will get better at home, especially the younger you are, you should talk to your physician to give you advice on how to care for yourself with COVID-19 at home," said Dr. Matt Cartter, CT epidemiologist.

He said we shouldn't inundate the hospitals, and more than 80 percent of people will get better on their own, at home.

Reaction Score
Norwalk Hospital has 50 staff members test positive. They are running out of staff. Now of course someone will say I'm being hysterical by reporting this!
If you're actually reporting something not public it's helpful.

Could this be suspected and in home quarantine?

Or just bad info...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Each kit does hundreds of tests...so that means there is the capacity to tens of thousands of tests.
I got my numbers wrong. She said 600 kits, turns out she was referring to number of tests in a kit. Each kit can test 600 samples. We have two kits in CT right now. If there is a strong suspicion the patient is infected it is recommended to use two tests, so that cuts down on the capacity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"If you have a fever and cough, and are in the south western part of the state, you should assume you have the coronavirus. You don't need a test to tell you that's what you have. You should assume that's the illness you have. Most people will get better at home, especially the younger you are, you should talk to your physician to give you advice on how to care for yourself with COVID-19 at home," said Dr. Matt Cartter, CT epidemiologist.

He said we shouldn't inundate the hospitals, and more than 80 percent of people will get better on their own, at home.

I saw that, seems stupid if symptomatic for personal Dr not to get a lab test, otherwise how do we actually know infection rate if mild sick all stay quiet at home?

So the advice is if feel sick stay home until feel better then go about business. Don't get tested by doctor to know if should isolate until out of system. Seems like a recipe for spreading...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's a chart you won't see on CNN.

Just FYI, Axios was founded by Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen of the Washington Post/Politico and is one of the most corporate friendly mainstream publications in existence by design.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I’ve not heard this. I’m not sure they have 50 test kits. If true, they have done a good job withholding this info from the rest of the medical community. I’m always suspicious of round numbers. Why 50, why not 52 or 47.

I do know Wilton may be an interesting position. I know at least one family who had indirect contact with the family who tested positive. They are concerned. Let’s hope it’s not jumping and the original patient pulls through.
I have family that works at Norwalk the rounding may be theirs but you get the point. This is happening all over the country and eventually we are going to run out of hospital staff because they are quarantined. The test kits were over a month late. The CDC really screwed up.

Reaction Score
UCSD has had kids stop coming to class as of yesterday

and it’s nothing out here compared to the northeast right now. I think we’ve had a total of 3 confirmed cases here in SD this far

Reaction Score
I have family that works at Norwalk the rounding may be theirs but you get the point. This is happening all over the country and eventually we are going to run out of hospital staff because they are quarantined. The test kits were over a month late. The CDC really screwed up.
Wait, wait......you are now saying that ONE rounds up to FIFTY??? You are a real piece of work.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The United States is still lagging far behind on testing for coronavirus and it may be costing lives. As of Tuesday, the CDC reported that 8554 tests had been administered across the country. By comparison, the Washington Post reports, “South Korea’s most effective weapon against the virus has been to rapidly expand testing. It is are now testing 15,000 people a day, according to government figures; 210,000 South Koreans have been tested since Jan. 3.”

There are Many reasons for the lack of testing in the U.S. and plenty of blame to go around. The New York Times writes:

A series of missed chances by the federal government to ensure more widespread testing came during the early days of the outbreak, when containment would have been easier.
The report cites an infectious disease expert in Seattle who asked for federal testing help back in January. Now fast forward 5-6 weeks later, “Even now, after weeks of mounting frustration toward federal agencies over flawed test kits and burdensome rules, states with growing cases such as New York and California are struggling to test widely for the coronavirus.”

Reaction Score

On top of it the Fed dragged their feet so long that they only notified the labs to hear up nationally yesterday. Quest has a 7,000 test back log and they are only running Cali tests. Without question, the Fed screwed us badly. Wait until the economic fallout. Italy’s economy and social infrastructure is near collapse. Be brave, be safe, and keep your head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom