OT: Cool Map of US at Night (B1G implications) | The Boneyard

OT: Cool Map of US at Night (B1G implications)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Delany, look at all those TV's sets on in the DC-NJ-NYC-Hartford-Boston corridor!!

dnb_united_states_1000.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
The Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, Charlotte NC - Greensville/Spartanburg SC - Atlanta GA corridor is pretty impressive too.

Reaction Score
Hey Delany, look at all those TV's sets on in the DC-NJ-NYC-Hartford-Boston corridor!!

He's looking. You can take that to the bank. He's also observing how contiguous that Northeast light show is.

Reaction Score
The Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, Charlotte NC - Greensville/Spartanburg SC - Atlanta GA corridor is pretty impressive too.

Lights seen from space don't give a particularly representative graphic of eyeballs on TV sets. The Piedmont region has <20MM; the Northeast >50MM.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lights seen from space don't give a particularly representative graphic of eyeballs on TV sets. The Piedmont region has <20MM; the Northeast >50MM.

Yeah, I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what the bright spot dead east of Lake Superior is - I'm pretty sure it's Bismarck ND. Minneapolis and Winnipeg are pretty clear. What the hell is all that light in Western North Dakota/Eastern Montana north of the Denver/Boulder lights?

Lights on oil rigs?

Reaction Score
So I'm guessing the areas that are dark have no access to TV's, yes?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what the bright spot dead east of Lake Superior is - I'm pretty sure it's Bismarck ND. Minneapolis and Winnipeg are pretty clear. What the hell is all that light in Western North Dakota/Eastern Montana north of the Denver/Boulder lights?

Lights on oil rigs?

Cheyenne WY?

Unless Stinger tells me I'm wrong - this is a representation of outdoor lighting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cheyenne WY?

Unless Stinger tells me I'm wrong - this is a representation of outdoor lighting.

Cheyenne is the northern part of the Denver blob. It's way south of where those lights are.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Lights on oil rigs?

Take a better look at a map. All of North Dakota is well west of Lake Superior. You have the entire state of Minnesota between North Dakot and Superior.

Reaction Score

Lights on oil rigs?

Not sure which spot you are referring to. And I assume you mean West, not East. The bright spot right on the corner of Lake Superior is Duluth. Heading straight west, the next bright spot probably is Bismarck.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think people in the Boneyard forums are pretty bright. Where's the Boneyard?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure which spot you are referring to. And I assume you mean West, not East. The bright spot right on the corner of Lake Superior is Duluth. Heading straight west, the next bright spot probably is Bismarck.

Yes west. Bismarck is much brighter than I'd expect.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Take a better look at a map. All of North Dakota is well west of Lake Superior. You have the entire state of Minnesota between North Dakot and Superior.

Sorry I meant west from the start.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This is reason why the milkyway disappeared on the east coast.

Reaction Score
B1G adding UNC, UVA, Syracuse and UConn would make a nice conference. Not sure if UNC would go to the B1G ahead of the SEC. It would be Civil War era north vs south.

Reaction Score
We can go grab the Toronto & Montreal bright lights. They are pretty big. EXPANSION to the Max.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'd be interested in knowing what time this was taken and some sort of scientific explanation on how the light is projected. There were huge sections of the country that had ZERO lights on at that time that could be seen or were bright enough to be captured?

Also, not being a dick, but this is considered a picture, right? Not a Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom