OT: Consumer Safety Warning | The Boneyard

OT: Consumer Safety Warning

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thinking of getting a puppy? Don't do it. They are extremely hazardous to your health. Our last two rescue dogs were adults and wonderful dogs. Had puppies before , but was a lot younger. Holy cow they can exhaust you. I'd forgotten. As soon as this one goes to sleep, I'm taking a power nap, though puddles of pee and piles of poop may trouble my sleep.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thinking of getting a puppy? Don't do it. They are extremely hazardous to your health. Our last two rescue dogs were adults and wonderful dogs. Had puppies before , but was a lot younger. Holy cow they can exhaust you. I'd forgotten. As soon as this one goes to sleep, I'm taking a power nap, though puddles of pee and piles of poop may trouble my sleep.
Geno said that, when Maya iced her knees, she was like a puppy--leaving puddles behind. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno said that, when Maya iced her knees, she was like a puppy--leaving puddles behind. :D

Never heard that. It's the whining at 1 -2 in the morning to be walked that's the biggest thrill. We have rattlers in these parts so it isn't sleep walking. We are getting 5 hours out of her though.

Reaction Score
Last 2 dogs were older 6+. Got 4 years and 5 years out of them. Too sad at the end for both........
This time, got a 2 year old yellow lab + something else. Absolutely great dog. 2 walks per day. Sometimes goes in the pool. Plays with her toys a LOT. Loves me to death. When I was recently in the hospital, she wouldn't play and moped for 5 days. Went crazy when I came home.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last 2 dogs were older 6+. Got 4 years and 5 years out of them. Too sad at the end for both...
This time, got a 2 year old yellow lab + something else. Absolutely great dog. 2 walks per day. Sometimes goes in the pool. Plays with her toys a LOT. Loves me to death. When I was recently in the hospital, she wouldn't play and moped for 5 days. Went crazy when I came home.

Rescued dogs absolutely know you rescued them I firmly believe and the bond is iron strong.

Reaction Score
You can't mention a puppy and not post a picture! (If that's not in the rules, it ought to be! )

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
20170811_104439_resized.jpg

2 days post-adoption at nearly 8 weeks, 2 hours, 17 seconds.. Her ears are up now, some 3 weeks in. Into the terrible 2s in dog years.

Anyone else got a puppy picture to share? Treat it like an off-season music thread?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nuthin' like a pup for love and sheer entertainment Rocky.

They do go until they drop. You just hope the pup's drop happens before yours does. I'm slightly ahead on that score, but ever so slightly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom