OT: Congratulations to Lexi Thompson! | The Boneyard

OT: Congratulations to Lexi Thompson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The LPGA got a needed shot in the arm on Sunday as 16 year old Lexi Thompson won the tournament in Alabama. She won by 5 shots over a very good field.....and is the youngest winner ever on that tour. The interviews with Lexi and her Dad [on her bag] were delightful. Her overall athleticism and strength are real assets....when you combine that with some good instruction and experience American golf looks a whole lot shinier than 4 days ago.

Congratulations to Lexi!

Reaction Score
Can we set a hard cap on LPGA threads at 1 a year? Anyone wana second me on this?

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Can we set a hard cap on LPGA threads at 1 a year? Anyone wana second me on this?

No second from this corner! You can set your own cap. There are a lot of LPGA fans on this board. We appreciate excellence in women's athletics -- especially in international competition.

BTW --- Yesterday was the best finish for USA players on the LPGA tour in many, many years.

Americans finished 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 8, and 11. In order, that was:

1) Lexi; 2) Tiffany Joh (a rookie); 3) Angela Stanford; 4) Brittany Lang; 6t) Stacey Lewis; 8t) Morgan Pressel & Jennifer Johnson; 11) Paula Creamer. And it was a strong field with nearly all the top 20 in the Rolex rankings.

Go USA !!!

P.S. There are also lots of fans here for women's soccer, volley ball, hockey, track and field. Posts on these subjects often focus on UConn players; but also on CT high school stars who have been on the "Boneyard Radar" for many years.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Ok I'm in. How's Michelle wie doing?
Michelle Wie is doing awful -- for the past month. Her putting has been stinko. She has tried a long putter and a belly putter and this past week gone back to a standard putter. She has completely lost her confidence on the greens. I don't think she has been in the top 50 the last three weeks; and has missed at least two cuts.

The top seven USA Solheim players have been playing very well. The bottom five have seldom been playing on Sundays. The Cup matches will be interesting -- and the final results may well be decided by the lesser accomplished players on both teams. I expect the USA to win by a small margin in the matches featuring the best of Europe and the best of USA's top players. The weaker players' results are impossible to predict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom