OT: Congrats to Jeff Jacobs | The Boneyard

OT: Congrats to Jeff Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed reading his take on things, and I second TOM and El-Z on their congrats.

(So, what IS his age and condition....and does anyone know the approx. distance and his time?)

Reaction Score
Well, I Googled the distance from the Courant HQ to Gampel, and it comes in a 27.4 miles. My recollection -- and this may be faulty -- is that when he said he was going to do it, he said he had some sort of health issue -- maybe a heart issue -- in the past. I'm sure someone on the BY will remember. Anyway, unless he's a fool, I;m sure he wasn't out to set speed records. Was raising money, from what I read. Good for him.

Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed reading his take on things, and I second TOM and El-Z on their congrats.

(So, what IS his age and condition....and does anyone know the approx. distance and his time?)
http://www.courant.com/hartnews-jeff-jacobs-20130507-staff.html
You can see here his hobby is surviving heart attacks. Serious, his words not mine....
A little more detail here in the first few paragraphs...
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...acobs-column-0921-20140920-column.html#page=1

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
His original plans called for walking last spring. I was supposed to accompany him, but he postponed it due to heart problems. He invited me again to join him this fall, but by then I had my own important walk going on.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Congrats with him. Nice to see someone, especially a writer, not welch. But walking 26-27 miles in a day is pretty impressive.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I'm impressed that a man who has had multiple heart attacks and 5 operations/procedures could do it in one day - and finish before sundown. Well done. Hope he raised a lot of money for the Cancer Institute.

Reaction Score
Think what you will of Jacobs, this is a hell of an accomplishment for a guy his age in his condition.
What's his condition--old?? Did he take 84 to 195 or cut across country? Camera"""???

Reaction Score
I'm impressed that a man who has had multiple heart attacks and 5 operations/procedures could do it in one day - and finish before sundown. Well done. Hope he raised a lot of money for the Cancer Institute.
OOPs, apparently I owe the man an apology--- No heart attacks and only 2 operations, but I'd be hard pressed to even start the trek. All who gave him cheers, please add mine-and my apology for being an ASS.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
And he did a good part of his walk in his Mizzou sweatshirt! M-I-Z....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
who walked with him... they are amazing as well

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
OOPs, apparently I owe the man an apology--- No heart attacks and only 2 operations, but I'd be hard pressed to even start the trek. All who gave him cheers, please add mine-and my apology for being an ASS.
"Turns out I had another arterial blockage, my fifth heart event since 2005, a box score that now reads a quadruple bypass and four stents. This time angioplasty in late July was enough. I'm good. And now that the summer heat is gone, I'm ready."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom