OT: College Football Bowls/Playoffs | The Boneyard

OT: College Football Bowls/Playoffs

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is getting smoked..... ND aint a football school... its a WCBB School

jordan-crying-face-png-3.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I tried to tell people that Notre Dame is one of the most overrated football teams ever.

Their calling card victory this season was over the most overrated football programs ever... Michigan.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Their calling card victory this season was over the most overrated football programs ever... Michigan.
It was Michigan and that really bizarre game vs. Syracuse. Other than that they had a bunch of close calls against bad teams.

I only wish they'd had to play Bama in the playoff. It would have been 56-0 at halftime.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
ND should not be allowed in the NC Playoffs, only members of a conference should be allowed due to the fact that ND gets to choose their opponents. I believe that if they played in the ACC, they would not have gotten by Clemson and wouldn't have been in the conversation.
Not to mention the money they get from NBC...does any other school have a national TV Network funding their football team? (I will admit tho that I have no idea how the Longhorn Network works...)

Reaction Score
I tried to tell people that Notre Dame is one of the most overrated football teams ever.
Could not have happened to a more media hyped and overated team! N D should not have been in the final 4 BCS rankings with their schedule and independant status. How are the more worthy then Ohio state. They played no one and end up undefeated, big whoop! See what happened to that great Michigan team today. ND 's signature win.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oklahoma has come from way down to make this game interesting. 31-20 late in 3Q.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not to mention the money they get from NBC...does any other school have a national TV Network funding their football team? (I will admit tho that I have no idea how the Longhorn Network works...)
I'm not any wiser than you are, somehow the Texas programs have oodles of money. But the LHN doesn't televise much (live) football - only 2 of Texas's 13 games were on it. They had 5 games on Fox, 3 on FS1, and the rest on either ABC or ESPN. I know they televise some WBB, some Volleyball and some softball, because I have watched them. Presumably men's sports but I don't watch them. They also show a lot of repeats.

OTH, NBC isn't televising any other Notre Dame sports except the vaunted football program. And I agree completely that they benefit from not being "in" a conference.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is getting smoked..... ND aint a football school... its a WCBB School

jordan-crying-face-png-3.png
That game almost caused me to start doing shots. I was Yelling at the TV most of the first half. I settled down going into the 2nd half because I knew they were gonna lose at that point. So I got myself to relax. If Auburn didn’t win their bowl game it would have been worse for Me. Just because My teams would’ve went 0 for 2. But it still was depressing and frustrating to watch ND get whipped.

Reaction Score
I can't remember his name, but the athletic director at ND is a genius and a master of his "craft!" Each year, scheduling the majority of his program's games on home turf, and engaging powder puff opponents, he convinces a credulous press and even more credulous fan base that his team is a top-tier "powerhouse." I was raised in the deep South and was weaned on SEC football. I know what brutal schedules look like. Comparatively speaking, ND's annual lineup of opponents is a joke. It should come as a surprise to no one that when they are inevitably overranked, and subsequently face true championship-caliber competition at neutral sites, they get smacked down...again and again. Fortunately for ND fans, they can always fall back on their favorite mantra when this happens: "the refs robbed us!"

Reaction Score
I can't remember his name, but the athletic director at ND is a genius and a master of his "craft!" Each year, scheduling the majority of his program's games on home turf, and engaging powder puff opponents, he convinces a credulous press and even more credulous fan base that his team is a top-tier "powerhouse." I was raised in the deep South and was weaned on SEC football. I know what brutal schedules look like. Comparatively speaking, ND's annual lineup of opponents is a joke. It should come as a surprise to no one that when they are inevitably overranked, and subsequently face true championship-caliber competition at neutral sites, they get smacked down...again and again. Fortunately for ND fans, they can always fall back on their favorite mantra when this happens: "the refs robbed us!"
ND actually only had 6 Home games this past season which most teams usually have 7 or 8.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

I do not think that is really God's twitter account. Surely God would not be that bitter and vindictive? And as he is reputed to be omniscient, he knows better, huh? Much like UConn wbb, Bama football does not strive to be great, but rather to be the best. As for the other stuff, they just try to get along like everyone else. @The Tweet of God is full of manna, or perhaps, manure. Those who retweet such stuff are likely of similar ill mannered disposition.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I see your Devils are too scared to reschedule the game against the improving Gamecocks.
Or maybe the Gamecocks are having trouble agreeing to a makeup date?
So please cite your source where you saw this about Duke.

Reaction Score
The second Clemson became one of the elites in college football I decided to not invest too much in the sport. I’ll always support but I won’t let it tug on the heartstrings.
You mean on January 1, 1982 when they beat Nebraska in the Orange Bowl and ended their season undefeated to claim their first national championship?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
You mean on January 1, 1982 when they beat Nebraska in the Orange Bowl and ended their season undefeated to claim their first national championship?

The title they blatantly cheated for? Yeah, most Gamecock fans don't acknowledge that one.

Clemson was a barely better than average football program soon after that title. They are currently playing in their fourth straight college football playoff. They've usually been good more often than not but they weren't elite until the last 5 years or so.

I also can't believe I'm defending them right now. SMH. You tricked me, J66.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom