OT: Coalition to Fire Brian Koontz - We Have Jackets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Coalition to Fire Brian Koontz - We Have Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I am not banning links to a beat writer, mostly because it would take effort on my part.. Don't click if you don't want to read his crap. That's the best option. Next best is to reply to the link trashing the article. Google's robots catch everything.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He knows exactly what Columbia did against UK, but mentioning it would diminish his point, so it was conveniently left out and replaced by descriptors that undersell the quality of Columbia.

This clown has a history and that alone should have prevented him from landing this job. I won't be caught clicking on that tool's work again.

He should be writing for the Huffington Post

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, not impressed with this guy. Looks like he had a story and Columbia game contradicted his story line but he turned reality upside down and wrote it anyways.

Reaction Score
No way this guy should be covering u conn . Where the hell do they get these guys. Who the hell hired him? Both should be gone.

Reaction Score
If you can play, you can go. But if your parents make good money, then you will pay 100% of your tuition, room, and board. That is 100% the case. Many All-Ivy players have paid over $200,000 to attend - including the son of a good friend of mine.

The Ivy League has a very controlled operation when it comes to need-based aid (the only kind that can be given). Every school has to report all of the financials of every recruit (and their parents) to the league office - where it can be reviewed by every school. I know that at least five of the Columbia players (likely more) get no financial aid of any kind.

That's actually not 100% the case. My roommate was a high-profile recruit (relatively speaking, we're talking about a non-revenue sport) ranked in the top five nationally at his position from an affluent family who received an exponentially more generous financial aid package than the one I received coming from a solidly middle class background. He also graduated in the bottom 5% of his (admittedly elite) high school class.

If your point is that you're shelling out for tuition when you run a hedge fun and your kid plays basketball, fine. But the fact is a kid who plays basketball at Harvard whose parents make $150k a year is paying no more than $15k a year for his education, if that. And if your family makes less than that you're probably paying squadoosh.

And the bigger point is that while there are kids at the margins like David Lee who comes from a family worth hundreds of millions of dollars who probably went to UF for free and might have had to pay full freight at Dartmouth, that's a pretty limited exception. The fact is that the Ivies can make it work financially for anyone they want. If you're of limited means and a high level athletic recruit then your family's lack of financial resources is absolutely no impediment to you playing in the Ivies. There's this notion that gets perpetuated that these schools are recruiting with one hand tied behind their back because they "don't give scholarships" but in the main it's total horsesh_t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom