OT - Coaching Change @ Merrimack | The Boneyard

OT - Coaching Change @ Merrimack

Reaction Score
Cav is listed as a potential target for MC in this article. Granted, he's listed as a long shot but he is a native of North Andover (location of MC). I would shocked if he made the move, it makes no sense as MC is a dead end job no one can win consistently at, while you can build a winning program at UConn. But Mike McMahon is as reliable a reporter as there is in the sport and MC hockey is his main beat job so if he's writing it, it's worth posting.

Merrimack Hockey Coaching Candidates Could Run the Gamut

Reaction Score
Cav is listed as a potential target for MC in this article. Granted, he's listed as a long shot but he is a native of North Andover (location of MC). I would shocked if he made the move, it makes no sense as MC is a dead end job no one can win consistently at, while you can build a winning program at UConn. But Mike McMahon is as reliable a reporter as there is in the sport and MC hockey is his main beat job so if he's writing it, it's worth posting.

Merrimack Hockey Coaching Candidates Could Run the Gamut

Not a chance! McMahon is also a local Merrimack Valley guy, so a bit bias, and Cav is his/Merrimack’s pipe dream. Their AD Jeremy Gibson has zero experience hiring hockey coaches, so we’ll see what happens. Just silly for McMahon to print that, his credibility just dropped a few levels in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Not a chance! McMahon is also a local Merrimack Valley guy, so a bit bias, and Cav is his/Merrimack’s pipe dream. Their AD Jeremy Gibson has zero experience hiring hockey coaches, so we’ll see what happens. Just silly for McMahon to print that, his credibility just dropped a few levels in my opinion.
Disagree on McMahon here, he listed candidates that he thought Merrimack would *target* and fully qualified that many, including Cav, were huge long shots. MC may well make a "run" at Cav, he is a North Andover native after all, but realistically their chance of prying him from UConn is almost zero. That doesn't mean it's unrealistic for them to make the phone call, therefore justifying his inclusion in this list. If he'd listed Jerry York or Norm Bazin on this list then that would call Mike's credibility into question as there is literally zero chance MC calls either of those two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom