OT- Coach P - tabbed as new Bears LB coach? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- Coach P - tabbed as new Bears LB coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
...Wow, I mean really, When P came here how many Syracuse Fans were happy he once again landed on his feet. The boards lit up from them, warning us what was about to happen. They didn't gloat, they actually had sympathy for us. When a league opponent offers you sympathy...well get a life boat...and believe me we needed it, we had a flood of tears and GDL..I won't even start. When P came here we had two colors blue and white. But are first three years all I saw was P-Yellow. Then they added red, and man the first four games, like many of my friends that is all I saw was red. And you want sympathy for P all over the field and red anger. Man, you see red and its all rosy? Well now that he left, - good riddance and I won't wish ill on him, but I won't follow him either. Just glad he is NOT our problem any longer!

Of course, not one person in this thread has stated that they are not glad he is gone (myself included); however, there are people wishing he rot on the shores of an icy lake. Come on people. Nowhere did I say he should get sympathy (for what I don't even know). As to my comment about him being a damn good position coach, I'll stand by that.

Reaction Score
He killed our program. Cannot wish him well. Rot in hell on the banks of icy Lake Michigan, Dracula
Jesus would forgive him and wish him well.....just sayin'

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
For everyone saying P shouldn't have come back to college: was he going to turn down 1.6 mill to keep his ~300K NFL position coach/interim DC salary? Would you have?

No, it wasn't the best fit, but for 1.6 mill/yr, he was sure as hell gonna try to make it fit.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Please allow me to introduce myself,
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year,
Stole many a man's soul and faith...

Reaction Score
For everyone saying P shouldn't have come back to college: was he going to turn down 1.6 mill to keep his ~300K NFL position coach/interim DC salary? Would you have?

No, it wasn't the best fit, but for 1.6 mill/yr, he was sure as hell gonna try to make it fit.
Which is why the real villian in all of this is JH

Reaction Score
Please allow me to introduce myself,
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year,
Stole many a man's soul and faith...
You do know the next line invokes right :)

Reaction Score
How sad.....did Randy kick your cat? The cupboard wasn't bare when Foley got the line back. I'd bet big money if Foley was the OL coach all the way through we go bowling 2 out of 3 years.

How you can make excuses for someone who only cared about himself and GDL is beyond me. It's embarrassing really.

PP wasn't just horrible. He was so self centered, he was the only one in CT who thought pushing a square peg in a round hole would work if he only had 5 more years.

Randy kicked my football program in gut pretty hard, and stood the program up real tall, and opened the program up real big and made sure our head was turned away, and not guarding before he did it too.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
You do know the next line invokes right :)

;)

Always skate the line, let your audience assume that which you can't mention...

Our threads all have a few degrees of separation from JC.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He was inept not malicious. I get why people get frustrated with coaches like Meyer, Kiffin and Petrino who show a total lack of integrity. Maybe even RE for the way he left the program after what he made Todman do. But Pasqualoni? He sucked as a coach and was bad for the program...but he wasn't a bad person...he was just clueless.

I wish him well. (and I am really really glad he is gone and Diaco is here)

The truth is that he (and GDL) were a bit more malicious than most realize. No, neither intended to damage the program but each went out of there way to threaten, intimidate, confront and run off people (mostly players also a coach or two) who they felt they had no use for.

Reaction Score
The truth is that he (and GDL) were a bit more malicious than most realize. No, neither intended to damage the program but each went out of there way to threaten, intimidate, confront and run off people (mostly players also a coach or two) who they felt they had no use for.
You describing P, or Randy at Maryland?

Reaction Score

... and that makes them different than many other coaches how? :rolleyes: (not as a defense statement - just a general sports comment)

Reaction Score
He left the cupboard so bare weist could win 3 games to end the season, including a rivalry game vs Rutgers. And even if it was maybe coach p could have coached up some new players? You know like every other coach does. Maybe the guy in charge of everything could have realized cc deserved to start from the beginning? It's comical really how bad he was as a head coach here
He was bad. He was bad. Randy may have left the cupboard kind of bare, but PP was bad. Downward spiral, no doubt.

Reaction Score
I don't get how a coach like Pasqualoni, who so transparently mailed it in at UConn, can get another job. I can get if a coach just didn't click at a school, but Pasqualoni didn't seem to care.

Position coach in the NFL is a lot different than HC of a college program. HC of a D1 football program is a full time, life consuming job. All he has to do for the Bears is punch a clock and spend 5-6 hours a day trying to teach a little bit of technique to 6 or 7 line backers. He'll have plenty of time for naps

Reaction Score
What you are doing is making excuses for PP. It was proven, right away in the first game after PP was fired, that he screwed our running game up in a big way.

Instead of using Foley to continue his success at developing very good OL guys, he put in his buddy and the running game under achieved in a big way.

We had adequate talent on the OL and with Griffin, Davis, Nick Williams, Delahunt and McCombs we had enough offensive talent to win. With a good running game Whitmer does that much better in 2012.

Keep in mind PP had the team practice stopping the run a major portion of practice, the week before the Western Michigan game. The run. He is just a horrible coach who couldn't coach a flea to jump.

Stop buying the horde's story about the bare cupboard. A good coach takes the talent he has and designs a plan that fits. PP designed a plan and then had no idea if he had the talent to execute it. He didn't. Doesn't mean there was no talent. It means the coach didn't know how to utilize what he had.

I am assuming you went into the Coach Hughes thread to not wish him well. After all, he refused to use blitzes despite the D generating no pressure.

Look, Coach P's tenure was horrific, but your take above is just a tad over the top. We did not have adequate talent on the offensive line, we just didn't.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I don't get how a coach like Pasqualoni, who so transparently mailed it in at UConn, can get another job. I can get if a coach just didn't click at a school, but Pasqualoni didn't seem to care.

God, so true. Many likes if I could Nelson. The Dude mailed it in over his three years. So Disappointing

Reaction Score
I am assuming you went into the Coach Hughes thread to not wish him well. After all, he refused to use blitzes despite the D generating no pressure.

Look, Coach P's tenure was horrific, but your take above is just a tad over the top. We did not have adequate talent on the offensive line, we just didn't.

You obviously don't know what went on behind the scenes with PP and GDL. I do. I don't wish him ill but I certainly don't wish him well.

We didn't have adequate talent on the OL? We averaged 45 yds a game this past year with PP and GDL. for the first 4 games. We averaged over 110 the final 8 games. Seriously...what you got?

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:

Opinion of course formed by the long hours you spent with him. Come on - you are better than that.

Reaction Score
You know what - never mind - I deleted what I just wrote.

Good luck to Pasqualoni in the NFL - he's better suited there than the college game now, without a doubt. We will win with the players he brought in during his 2 1/2 years at UCONN.

Reaction Score
PP should retire and let someone else have a job. He certainly got enough money out of UConn to be set for life.

Reaction Score
You obviously don't know what went on behind the scenes with PP and GDL. I do. I don't wish him ill but I certainly don't wish him well.

We didn't have adequate talent on the OL? We averaged 45 yds a game this past year with PP and GDL. for the first 4 games. We averaged over 110 the final 8 games. Seriously...what you got?
It clearly indicates that the run defense in the AAC was horribly substandard. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom