OT: Coach Crean | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Coach Crean

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I could see Shaka saying no to IU, simply because its such a powerhouse. I think he wants to be the face and name of a program that doesn't necessarily have its own famous history

How do you know this?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
U can add the Wiscy coach to the piss poor B10 showings in March. Last year OK, but his record DURING the season and in the Dance are vastly diff. Hope D Stone has looked at that.

And we've had phenomenal regular seasons our past 2 championships? That doesn't mean anything. The regular season is a process in building a team and preparing for March. Nothing wrong with taking your lumps as long as you don't kill your seeding.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Was it Calhoun or Kemba? Was it Ollie or Shabazz?

Come on, they got there. It is was it is.

I think when you have those super elite players like a Wade or a Melo its more of them than anything. But I see your point.

Reaction Score
And we've had phenomenal regular seasons our past 2 championships? That doesn't mean anything. The regular season is a process in building a team and preparing for March. Nothing wrong with taking your lumps as long as you don't kill your seeding.

I think you misunderstood the point. Or I did. Ryan generally runs up a an excellent regular season record, both in and out of conference, before bowing out in the second or third round.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Matta and Ryan are both excellent coaches. We're lucky in that we've had 30 years of a top-5 NCAA coach all-time, followed by a protege who may end up being even better than that. It skews our view.

Anybody but us, UK, Florida, Louisville, Michigan State, Arizona, KU and Duke would love to have Matta or Ryan. Pretending otherwise is just foolish arrogance.

Reaction Score
Matta and Ryan are both excellent coaches. We're lucky in that we've had 30 years of a top-5 NCAA coach all-time, followed by a protege who may end up being even better than that. It skews our view.

Anybody but us, UK, Florida, Louisville, Michigan State, Arizona, KU and Duke would love to have Matta or Ryan. Pretending otherwise is just foolish arrogance.
Ryan is very very good. Anyone who thinks otherwise is insane.

Matta is solid. I think he's a great recruiter, and a solid game coach. Nothing spectacular, but certainly not a bum, and given his recruiting he'll continue to have good runs in the NCAAs.

Crean is just not a good coach.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying that Bo Ryan isn't a great coach, but his postseason record is rather pedestrian, given his regular season success. It's not an unreasonable criticism.

Reaction Score
Let's settle the beef--------How many FFs, elite8s sweet 16s for Ryan???? He is unbeatable in Madison but average on the road and in the Dance. Matta gets better material and does better in the Dance, but still not outstanding.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 4m4 minutes ago
Disconnect between Tom Crean and players has Indiana in disarray, sources explain to @CBSSports. Column: http://goo.gl/1IV9kI

Wow. This is pretty weak:

Devitte [the student manager] left the program after that 2012-13 season. Still, he was, like all managers are, very much a part of the program that season, working side-by-side with the staff for countless hours, hanging behind closed doors with the players day after day. His lasting memory, he said, is this: "Crean never learned my name and always called me 'Detlef Schrempf' or 'Hey You' despite me telling him my name is 'Tyler' over and over again. I'd run errands to his house, drop off his kid, Riley, and he still wouldn't make an effort to learn my name."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom