OT: Clippers embarrass themselves yet again | The Boneyard

OT: Clippers embarrass themselves yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wojo just tweeted that after all this, the Clips bent and offered the Celtics a future 1st rounder.

I'm not sure I've seen someone get s*** on more during a poker match than what Ainge just did to Sterling.

Reaction Score
I'm unsure how acquiring one of the most respected coaches in the league in attempt to increase their chances at re-signing a franchise player is embarassing. I agree the Clippers have been a laughing stock for the vast majority of their existence, but it seems to be this is a move in the right direction - if you lock up Paul and Rivers for the next five years, that goes a long way towards stabalizing the organization. Paul + Rivers = instant credibility, regardless of ownership. As for the first round pick, that's largely irrelevent assuming Paul returns, because it will be in all liklihood a pick in the 20's. Now, if Paul bolts despite this, Sterling's left with his d*ck in his hands and they are once again a punch line. But I highly doubt Sterling would be willing to pay 7 mil a year to Rivers unless it was contingent on Paaul returning.

Reaction Score
Wojo just tweeted that after all this, the Clips bent and offered the Celtics a future 1st rounder.

I'm not sure I've seen someone get s* on more during a poker match than what Ainge just did to Sterling.

Rivers was at the top of Chris Paul's list. So they keep their all-everything point guard and lock up one of the best coaches in the game for a first round pick. I don't see how this is them being bent over. It's a good deal for both sides. Doc wasn't coming back to Boston anyway, not at that money.

Reaction Score
Rivers was at the top of Chris Paul's list. So they keep their all-everything point guard and lock up one of the best coaches in the game for a first round pick. I don't see how this is them being bent over. It's a good deal for both sides. Doc wasn't coming back to Boston anyway, not at that money.
I totally agree. There was no way at this point that Doc could go back to the Celtics. From what I've read, Paul said if they got Doc, he would extend. So they retain one of the best PGs in the league by adding a really good coach. The Celtics will probably get a #24 pick and shed 21 mill, good for both sides I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom