OT: Christmas shopping | The Boneyard

OT: Christmas shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok just curious and 0ther BYers just procrastinate enough to have to go out there and rush around like I? I did a lot of on line things but now have some small sticking stuffer fill ins which I waited last second for what a dope!

Traffic, people like myself out there walking into each other - here we go!

Reaction Score
Oh god. Mau good luck today. Hopefully you get what you need and don't hate yourself too much tonight after dealing with the mobs.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I did not step one foot passed the service desk of any store, nor a single foot into any mall. Everything was ordered on-line and either delivered or picked up at the aforementioned service desk. Shopping has been done for over week.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ok just curious and 0ther BYers just procrastinate enough to have to go out there and rush around like I? I did a lot of on line things but now have some small sticking stuffer fill ins which I waited last second for what a dope!

Lol. I was joking with my kids yesterday afternoon that yesterday is officially two things- It's Christmas Eve Eve and it's the day before guys start Christmas shopping. Thanks for proving there's a truth in every stereotype.

Today, I'm getting some groceries for Christmas and the weekend of football. Going to the local seafood market for some shrimp. Getting the peeled and deveined shrimp and going to cook it up in some seasoning and serve them cold. Then it's off to the grocery store for Bloody Mary toppings- pickled okra, pickled green beans, olives stuffed with blue cheese and some other garnishings. Tito's vodka is already bought. Finally a couple of bags of ice because you never have too much ice when entertaining.

The fish market will probably be a 15 minute wait just to get a number to be called, another 15 minute wait to get called and then a 25-30 minute wait at the registers. I'll take some pictures. Totally worth getting shrimp that was swimming in local waters this morning. Kids will be satiated by free fresh out of the oven sourdough bread samples and, if they are good, made from scratch right in front of you beignets.

Reaction Score
Did my shopping this morning at 7a finished by 8. About 6 gifts. My strategy is the later I wait to shop the less time I have to ponder. Been working this for 20 years and it's been perfected.

Did buy gifts online but similar to above they were purchased impulsively,

One problem I do have though is gift wrapping this stuff. I never seem to have enough time. At least I never have to ponder which paper to use.

Reaction Score
shopping online is one of the greatest inventions ever. I imagine soon you will even be able to order from Amazon on Christmas eve day and get it delivered before Christmas Day.

Reaction Score

Too much time spent posting on the yard!

Reaction Score
You may have something here 32 :eek:

Go to my favorite Christmas Gift shop

LiquorStore.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seafood market was easier than I anticipated. Got some Gulf shrimp, smoked salmon, fresh bread, Taylor pork roll and some pickled green beans.

In and out in 35 minutes. Market was nuts. Three Sheriffs Deputies organizing flow helped out. I walked in and was handed ticket #H63. They were on #G91. Only about a 10 minute wait to get called.

Going to be 75 degrees tomorrow in Florida.

_20151224_121830.JPG

Reaction Score
Seafood market was easier than I anticipated. Got some Gulf shrimp, smoked salmon, fresh bread, Taylor pork roll and some pickled green beans.

In and out in 35 minutes. Market was nuts. Three Sheriffs Deputies organizing flow helped out. I walked in and was handed ticket #H63. They were on #G91. Only about a 10 minute wait to get called.

View attachment 11496

Chin, I now order my seafood from Pikes Place Fish Market

WP_20140604_15_54_35_Pro.jpg

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

View attachment 11496
75 degrees here in PA Chin. If this is global warming, I'm on board. YES!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom