OT Chilling news out of OSU | The Boneyard

OT Chilling news out of OSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw in the Courant's "On The Fly" section that an OSU dlineman with a history of concussions had disappeared and sent some concerning texts to his mother on Wednesday. His body was found today with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Very sad news.

Now, I watched nearly the entire OSU-Mich game on Saturday and saw an interview with Meyer this morning. No mention of this missing young man. None. I guess if it doesn't concern the NCAA football playoffs ESPN won't talk about it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Holy moly. That's an incredible and sad story. What has this game become, and what has the NCAA allowed it to become? I suppose nothing should shock me now, as I expect Jameis Winston to have at least 4 more "get out of jail free" cards...

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
ESPN/NCAA? To quote a current figure in the news:"Burn this m---er f---er to the GROUND!"

Terrible story- hope all connected can eventually find peace.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not an Urban Meyer fan but he did make a public plea for the kid to "just come home". There was also a moment of silence before the game while the young man was still missing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He was a wrestler as well right? They have a higher rate of concussions than even football players. That can't be a good combination.

Reaction Score
He was a wrestler as well right? They have a higher rate of concussions than even football players. That can't be a good combination.
This year, the kid walked on to Ohio State's football after 3 years of wrestling. Wonder when the concussions occurred? Sad

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It seems he also had some sort of argument with his girlfriend. Lots of variables in this story that need to be sorted out.

Reaction Score
This year, the kid walked on to Ohio State's football after 3 years of wrestling. Wonder when the concussions occurred? Sad
Maybe played some high school football? Or even in practice? Possible to occur concussions in wrestling I would assume as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom