OT Chester Bennington Dead | The Boneyard

OT Chester Bennington Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This hit me hard, Linkin Park was the band that first really got me into music. Can't help but think it's no coincidence that he committed suicide on his good friend Chris Cornell's birthday

I truly hope the stigma around mental health continues to change and it's viewed as something you try to fix. This is something I've felt strongly about for a long time. If something was feeling off with any other part of your body, you'd go see a doctor. As a society we need to make people realize the same is true of your brain/mental health

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
While there's no excuse for suicide, the guy was sexually abused and beat on as a kid. Former meth head. Guy had six kids of his own too.

Bennington had reportedly performed Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" at Cornell's memorial service.

Reaction Score
While there's no excuse for suicide, the guy was sexually abused and beat on as a kid. Former meth head. Guy had six kids of his own too.

Bennington had reportedly performed Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" at Cornell's memorial service.
No excuse for suicide? That's a strange thing to say.

He was godfather to one of Cornell's kids.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Damn. I wore out those first two CDs when they came out. So sad. As someone directly affected by suicide I feel for his children.

RIP dude.

Reaction Score
No excuse for suicide? That's a strange thing to say.

He was godfather to one of Cornell's kids.

I took it as him saying there were probably other factors.

I agree with @UConnStats sentiment wholeheartedly, but suicide has effected the music/performance/art industry so severely that I think there's more going on than just a stigma. There's something fundamentally different about the way the brain of a lot of artists works. Medication and therapy help, but you're never going to extinguish all of it without taking away some of what makes them great.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I took it as him saying there were probably other factors.

I agree with @UConnStats sentiment wholeheartedly, but suicide has effected the music/performance/art industry so severely that I think there's more going on than just a stigma. There's something fundamentally different about the way the brain of a lot of artists works. Medication and therapy help, but you're never going to extinguish all of it without taking away some of what makes them great.
The death of Chris Cornell really really hurt him. Chester died on Chris's birthday and was The Godfather to one of Chris's children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom