OT - Chemo or Radiation? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Chemo or Radiation?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Chemo and radiation are an AMA and wholly owned subsidiary FDA are a national disgrace -- the Immune system is KEY ! Further damaging anyone's immune system is an AMA $$$ making disgrace ! Simply stop the chemicals in food and water, stress, exercise (walking) and go organic , filtered water, quality aloe, and special herbs ! I beat stage IV 11 years ago
Worked great for Steve Jobs.

Reaction Score
Each condition is unique, and the treatment is tailored to your circumstance. My wife was near death 20 years ago, and she had many rounds of chemo, and then growth hormone shots. Her ailment was a type of leukemia, and radiation would not have done her any good. She was incredibly strong throughout her year long ordeal. Her will to live was a key component, and her wish to watch the kids grow. She and her oncologist were on the same wavelength, and that helped her get through many chemicals and surgeries. I am grateful for her will , and her doctor's aggressive approach. Whoever is facing this, whatever it is, good luck to them.
I feel the passion and compassion that you and she required to see the ORDEAL from start to finish. I'm proud of both of you.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Chemo and radiation are an AMA and wholly owned subsidiary FDA are a national disgrace -- the Immune system is KEY ! Further damaging anyone's immune system is an AMA $$$ making disgrace ! Simply stop the chemicals in food and water, stress, exercise (walking) and go organic , filtered water, quality aloe, and special herbs ! I beat stage IV 11 years ago

I agree with your concerns about chemicals in food and water. But I disagree with your comments about chemo. I had Stage III colon cancer nine years ago. I was treated with surgery to remove the tumor followed by six months of chemo. Two or three friends warned me not to submit to chemo because it's poison. I agreed that it's poison, but said it's poison that kills cancer. Chemo wasn't fun. But I have been cancer free ever since my treatment was completed. Under similar circumstances, and with the advice of my oncologist, I would have no qualms about undergoing the same treatment if necessary.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I feel the passion and compassion that you and she required to see the ORDEAL from start to finish. I'm proud of both of you.
Thank you for your kind appreciation. She is a strong willed woman, and she fought it all the way. Her doctor was a proactive ally, and they did all the work. We were most fortunate , given the original prognosis. As you apparently know, there are always consequences of aggressive treatment. But the reward is sharing the holidays with our kids and grandkids. :)

Reaction Score
Thank you for your kind appreciation. She is a strong willed woman, and she fought it all the way. Her doctor was a proactive ally, and they did all the work. We were most fortunate , given the original prognosis. As you apparently know, there are always consequences of aggressive treatment. But the reward is sharing the holidays with our kids and grandkids. :)

Most of our lives we rarely learn. LIFE is important. Normally any way to extend it is appropriate, i.e. do what it takes. Once it's gone, its never to be seen again. You and your wife were fortunate. I' preach: You are your own and loved ones most effective medical spokesperson/ ombudsman/advocate. Probably for you as it is for me: Life for me is within my wife, without her there IS no life --wish I knew that 50 years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom