OT- Charlie Strong | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Charlie Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would take Charlie in a second. His recruiting ties to both Florida and Texas alone would upgrade our talent level.
He left Petrino with a lot of talent at Louiville. As plan B I would consider Jim Levitt. He has done a great job as Colorado DC and would not cost that much to bring him in
I don't want to hear UCONN HC and DC in the same sentence ever again.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Charlie Strong will find a new job. I am 10000% certain of that. Yes, being fired sucks but these guys always land on their feet. Heck, Pasqualoni and DeLeone found new jobs. If they can, anyone can. These guys know the risks and rewards of the highly demanding, highly results oriented business that they enter when they enter it. I don't feel bad one bit for a coach who is fired, sobbing presser or no. If you don't want to get fired, coach better. And let's not forget that coaches don't give a hoot about anyone but themselves when they do things like leave their team 5 minutes after a Fiesta Bowl or the second that their team's regular season is over, regardless if the team is playing in a bowl or not.

Like others, I would fall over myself to hire Strong as our next coach but he'll likely land on his feet somewhere inside the P5 - which is where most coaches want to stay.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Strong is fired but will coach the game against TCU.

Reaction Score
I would take him if he agrees to stop lifting and start watching moe film. The guy's main concern is how much he can still bench.
Well, I mean, his last name is "Strong".

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Must be nice to have money...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Skip HOLTZ is small time. I've said it before I'll say it again. LOU HOLTZ. HELL EVEN STEVE HOLT
Hey Skip DID win here though... .596 (34–23) in 5 seasons as HC of the Huskies.

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear there are guys that haven't supported Charlie's hiring from the beginning. Texas is a young team that has played pretty well overall this year. They could go 6-6 make a Bowl and come back in good shape with more experience. The guy just had another solid recruiting class and these idiots want to undermine all of it. Just looks like there's more at play here than the direction of the program and it stinks.

Reaction Score
Anwar Richardson@AnwarRichardson 1 hour ago · Austin
Texas coach Charlie Strong said the record doesn't speak to how good they are. Said they're good enough to win a national championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom