OT- Charlie Strong | The Boneyard

OT- Charlie Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Texas lost to Kansas today and Charlie Strong will probably be fired because of it. Found this clip on twitter and wanted to share as it's such a sobering reminder that even though we mostly just know them as football coaches, these guys are people too:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does anyone know his buyout? If it's more than $5 million we should make a trade with UT. They buyout Diaco for a lower price than Strong's buyout. We keep Strong for a couple years minimum (if nothing else he'll Improve the defense and Florida recruiting).

Reaction Score
Texas lost to Kansas today and Charlie Strong will probably be fired because of it. Found this clip on twitter and wanted to share as it's such a sobering reminder that even though we mostly just know them as football coaches, these guys are people too:

Feel for, until I realize he gets paid millions and will still get a 7 figure salary somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know his buyout? If it's more than $5 million we should make a trade with UT. They buyout Diaco for a lower price than Strong's buyout. We keep Strong for a couple years minimum (if nothing else he'll Improve the defense and Florida recruiting).
They will owe him $10m I believe the news said.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Well that was fast:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I would take him if he agrees to stop lifting and start watching moe film. The guy's main concern is how much he can still bench.

Reaction Score
Well that was fast:

Not true. Multiple reports say no conversations yet, and he still has job.
Expected to happen, but probably after final game.

Reaction Score

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
The man turned Louisville around, I'd take him.. Skip Holtz, heck anyone at this point

Reaction Score
Benedict should be on phone asap.Diaco is our Steve Kragthorpe. Strong cleaned up that mess in a hurry. Still think he might get a P5 job, or Houston or Smu but if not, Benedict needs to be on phone asap

Reaction Score
I would take Charlie in a second. His recruiting ties to both Florida and Texas alone would upgrade our talent level.
He left Petrino with a lot of talent at Louiville. As plan B I would consider Jim Levitt. He has done a great job as Colorado DC and would not cost that much to bring him in

Reaction Score
I would take Charlie in a second. His recruiting ties to both Florida and Texas alone would upgrade our talent level.
He left Petrino with a lot of talent at Louiville. As plan B I would consider Jim Levitt. He has done a great job as Colorado DC and would not cost that much to bring him in
Who are we kidding "Not cost that much". Decent coaches would want a bundle to step into this quagmire.

Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 27m 27 minutes ago
I'm told report of Charlie Strong already being fired is not accurate. Those conversations have not been had at this point, per source.

Orangeblood Writer:
Anwar Richardson ‏@AnwarRichardson 22m 22 minutes ago
A Texas official said reports about coach Charlie Strong being fired after the Kansas game are not true.

Yet...

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 2h2 hours ago
Charlie Strong has not been informed of his future yet, sources say. But Greg Fenves wants to treat this with dignity, won't wait till TCU.

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 2h2 hours ago
It wouldn't be classy to let Strong dangle in the wind for a whole week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom