OT: Celtics trades before deadline. Possibly Rudy Gay | The Boneyard

OT: Celtics trades before deadline. Possibly Rudy Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was wondering what the yard thought of Celtics possible trade opportunities. Lots of noise on Cousins. Rudy Gay also seems to be somewhat in the mix along with Verejao, Gortat and even Pau Gasol. Also, pretty funny story about D Howard charging at Kobe after Kobe said Shaq was right Howard is weak.

Reaction Score
cousins,verejoa and gortat are more likely to be traded to boston then rudy unless pierce gets traded

Reaction Score
never herd rudy to celts. but i would love that
Agreed. First off I am a Celtics fan, but i am also a major Kemba fan. However, one thing that I think would separate one team from anyone would the Heat trading Mario Chalmers for Kemba Walker. Kemba would be able to feed Lebron, Wade and Bosh all day.

U

UCONNfan1

Not sure I like Gay to the Celtics. I'm tired of Pierce and Memphis is just a better team right now. Not sure how Gay to Boston is good for him.

Reaction Score
well rumor has it gay wants out of memphis but i dont see how the celtics can help. They want to cut the luxury tax and receive a wing player in return and i am not sure jeff green is trade eligible. I have a strong feeling charlotte will be making a big move with all of their cap room and they could have 4 first round picks for the 2013 draft which looks like a decent one. I think celts either land DMC or go after Gortat. One thing is for sure they will land a big man. The Heat are trying out Bird man who i thought would have been a good pick up for the celtics.

Reaction Score
Pierce @ 50 years old is still a better player than Rudy. I know the Celtics are trying to get younger but Rudy has really been a major disappointment this year and I'm starting to feel this is all he's ever gonna be. At his salary 18-19 and 5-6 just ain't good enough.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The Celtics need a big. I would love to see them get Varejao but his knee is troublesome.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm a daydreaming here, but man would I love Kemba for Rondo

and yes, this homer thinks Kemba will be better. He has all the tools Rondo has, except he can shoot better and he has a dynamic personality

Reaction Score

and yes, this homer thinks Kemba will be better. He has all the tools Rondo has, except he can shoot better and he has a dynamic personality

Yes you are daydreaming and a homer. I obviously love Kemba, but he doesn't have all the tools Rondo has. Rondo is a much better passer, rebounder, shoots a higher percentage from the field and finishes at the basket more consistently.

Reaction Score

At least you're up front about the homerism thing. As much as I love Kemba, it's hard not to laugh out loud at the "He has all the tools Rondo has ...." part.

Reaction Score
So, according to The Boneyard, the Celtics can fix their problems by trading a future Hall of Famer (Pierce) for a guy who's never been an All-Star, and another future HOFer (Rondo) for a second-year player who has quite a bit to prove (Kemba). Let me guess - they should also trade Garnett for Thabeet?

Unless Memphis is willing to take Jeff Green off the Celtics' hands, I'll pass on Rudy.

H

Huskieforlife

Agreed. First off I am a Celtics fan, but i am also a major Kemba fan. However, one thing that I think would separate one team from anyone would the Heat trading Mario Chalmers for Kemba Walker. Kemba would be able to feed Lebron, Wade and Bosh all day.
me to... but am just curious what kemba and the heat have to do with my post?:confused:

Reaction Score

I understand why Miami would do that trade, but why would Charlotte do it? They are bad enough. Do you actually think they would trade their best player for Chalmers?

Reaction Score
kemba would be a terrible fit on the heat, not that the bobcats would ever make that trade

Reaction Score
I understand why Miami would do that trade, but why would Charlotte do it? They are bad enough. Do you actually think they would trade their best player for Chalmers?

Well, they are Charlotte ;)

Reaction Score
Yes you are daydreaming and a homer. I obviously love Kemba, but he doesn't have all the tools Rondo has. Rondo is a much better passer, rebounder, shoots a higher percentage from the field and finishes at the basket more consistently.

Trying my best not to be a homer here, but Kemba can't do it all like Rondo, but he is very good, and a gazillion times that ambassador that RR is. I would rather have 1 Kemba vs. 20 RRs. One is a class act, the other is a thug.

Speaking of thugs, why would any C's fan want Demarcus Cousins? Hell, sign me up at 5'3".

Reaction Score
kings orginization is a joke..ownership, coaching staff, player development. dcuz is probably the most talented big in the league and under a coach like doc or pop who knows what he could do

Reaction Score
I'm guessing it will either be Cousins/Evans for Rondo or Bradley/Sullinger/Melo and a pick for Cousins.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing it will either be Cousins/Evans for Rondo or Bradley/Sullinger/Melo and a pick for Cousins.

Cousins is good, but because of his attitude and potential to ruin team chemistry, if he he is traded, it will not be an even trade talent wise. I don't think the Celtics would have to give up as much talent as you suggest to get Cousins.

Reaction Score
So, according to The Boneyard, the Celtics can fix their problems by trading a future Hall of Famer (Pierce) for a guy who's never been an All-Star, and another future HOFer (Rondo) for a second-year player who has quite a bit to prove (Kemba). Let me guess - they should also trade Garnett for Thabeet?

Unless Memphis is willing to take Jeff Green off the Celtics' hands, I'll pass on Rudy.

Pierce is marginally better than Rudy this year(both are shooting below their career averages), but he's 9 years older. Ainge is starting to look towards the future. It's not like they can point to their success this season.

Reaction Score
Pierce is marginally better than Rudy this year(both are shooting below their career averages), but he's 9 years older. Ainge is starting to look towards the future. It's not like they can point to their success this season.
Marginally better? Uh, no.

DeMarcus Cousins averages more assists per game than Rudy, in 6 less minutes. Think about that for a minute.

I'm not sure there's a single thing (other than dunking) that Rudy does better than Pierce right now.

Reaction Score
You won't find an NBA GM who doesn't rave about Cousins's ability, it's between his ears that holds him back. Put him with a guy like KG and who knows.

Reaction Score
Marginally better? Uh, no.

DeMarcus Cousins averages more assists per game than Rudy, in 6 less minutes. Think about that for a minute.

I'm not sure there's a single thing (other than dunking) that Rudy does better than Pierce right now.

Pierce is a 35 year old who shoots 43% from the field. He's not getting any better. He has a usage rate of 28. The Celtics can't try and keep the band together. They're not good enough to do that, and they matchup terribly with both the Heat and the Bulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom