OT: Celtics Big man | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Celtics Big man

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Embiid lights everyone up and does have some off nights
Ainge knows what he has in Tatum and Brown and will take a lot to get either off the Celtics roster
Hayward will not bring anything close to Tatum or Brown - I didn't like the Hayward acquisition to start but maybe Brad was getting overtures from LA etc at that time and Ainge did it to placate him. Losing Morris was huge.

Reaction Score
If the Celtics want to stop Embiid ... Drummond is absolutely not the way to go. Not sure he’ll ever get Joel out of his head (and I say this as a huge Drummond fan) - will be interested to see how that “rivalry” picks up when they play again this year.

The C’s have generally played Embiid well - even without a big man. He was a +2.8 last year against them. For reference, he was a +16 against Detroit.
That also goes to the fact that the Pistons are a really bad team. They have like 4 G Leaguers in their rotation.

Reaction Score
I thought Brown and Sabonis can't be traded til end of season because they just signed extensions beginning of the season, right?
It's actually interesting for what the Celtics can do with Brown, his salary becomes the average of this season and the extension if he's traded before the end of the season. So would be $24.3M if he's traded. Makes a Drummond deal possible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom