OT - cedar oil mosquito spray? Anyone used it? | The Boneyard

OT - cedar oil mosquito spray? Anyone used it?

MrP

Reaction Score
Our yard is plagued by swarms of hungry mosquitos. We can't even go outside after like 5 pm. One person I know, with just as severe a mosquito problem, hired Lawn Pro to spray cedar oil in their yard, and they swear it worked amazingly - no mosquitos at all. Other reviews online say it's ineffective. Anyone here have experience with it?

MrP

Reaction Score
Not sure but I know they did multiple applications

MrP

Reaction Score
I've never had a problem after it was applied

You didn't need additional applications every month or so? That's what I was assuming.

What about cost? Thanks in advance!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Cedar oil is fantastic stuff. I spray my yard with it every year. You can get some concentrate, pretty pricey, at some lawn and garden supply stores. Smells good and is safe. Keeps ticks, mosquitos, and other pesky bugs away while keeping the good insects and bugs you want around.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You can get it on amazon. Pretty inexpensive as opposed to hiring someone. It attaches to your hose...
Gotta look at how much sq footage per bottle. May end up needing a few bottles.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Recently had a bunch of ants appear in our upstairs bathroom which we thought was weird but after a little research we found they love moisture and we recently painted and ripped the baseboards off and haven’t put anything back up yet. Probably liking the lack of moisture barrier.

Reaction Score
You can get it on amazon. Pretty inexpensive as opposed to hiring someone. It attaches to your hose...
Just coat the whole yard? House too? Is it sticky?
Just googled instructions... just spray everything.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I bought from Wondercide earlier this year: Wondercide | Pest Protection for Pets Homes Families | Fleas & Ticks

Got a bottle of the ready to spray and then the concentrate and have been able to do my whole yard (like 15k sq ft) a couple of times already. It's super easy and has definitely cut down heavily on the mosquitos and ticks that we were seeing earlier in the spring. Definitely recommend.

We also had a small ant issue and their indoor bug spray worked like a charm for that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom