OT - Candy Crush Saga | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Candy Crush Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Does anybody know how to get this virus, which is basically what it is, off a phone? It makes browsing this site on a phone almost impossible.
quote="husky99, post: 681219, member: 9"]Sucks.. only this cite I think
[/quote]

Do you use Tapatalk?

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with this site. I've looked into. Several people have PM'd me, I shut down all ad scripts running here. They continued to have the problem.

It's a known problem with Android phones across the Internet.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr/223946-google-play-spamming-blitz.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/201235-annoying-ads-pop-ups.html

Here's a solution for some from a dev website:

I have had the same problem on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and this is how I solved it.
On your home page, tap on the symbol of two rectangles in the lower left corner, this will bring up several icons on the left side of the screen.
In my case, I found the Candy Crush icon, I noticed the word "network" beside the CC icon before I deleted it, (this identity may be different on your device) hold finger on icon, and tap "remove from list".
At the bottom left tap "task manager". This will bring up a list, select "downloaded". Find an icon on the right that has the same identity you noticed along with the CC icon before you removed it. When you find it , regardless of what app is associated with it, tap "uninstall".
In my case the app was a game my grandkids downloaded called "Plants vs Zombies".

After following the above, the Candy Crush item was gone when I started my device. This was three days ago and it hasn't occurred again.

Do you use Tapatalk? Where did you down load it from?

I'm not on Tap, have been getting the Candy request popping up, went through all of my apps and downloads and see nothing identifyied as CCS. I'm on Android Samsung tablet. Ant ideas? Thanks.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Spoke to my daughter about this game and she said she now plays Gems Journey.
Its a knock off but totally free, no future purchases, etc.. Been playing it and I switched along with her. She claims there are others but I'm too lazy to compare and satisfied with GJ.
I barely want to play Candy Crush smh... Im not interest other game. Im actually neglecting my "Bejeweled Blitz" due to playing Crush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom